Chapter 3|Level Up☝

A/N: That be ur outfit and I'll tell u when to play that song^^^^

"I said suckin' too hard on ya lollipop, oh love's gonna get ya down.♪" You sang, bending your knees as you twisted about and bopped your head to the beat, you finished up attempting to make your weave look nice. Today's the day folks.

"♪Say love, say love, oh love's gonna get ya down!♪" You hollered with enthusiasm as you slipped. Squeezing your eyes shut, your eyebrows crinkled. Biting back a small scream, you rubbed at your ankles and stood back up slowly.

"That..didn't hurt...at all."

Gripping the bathroom counter, you looked into the mirror and sighed. Boy am I a hot mess right now.

Your hair was beautiful and tamed for once and your outfit was absolutely divine. Sporting a deep red off the shoulder button up that you mostly just made off the shoulder, you dragged the sight of onlookers to your clavicle. Just above it sat a white choker with a candy red bead hanging from it.

Elegant and simple high waisted black half skirt half shorts concoction gracing your lower half. Thick black platforms adding to your height to look down on all the weak men- jk. A black strap kept your feet in place as it went over the shoes white tongue. Red plaid socks surpassing the shoes to go just below your mid-calf as a red beaded accessory wrapped around your ankle and over your shoe.

Not to toot my own horn but I turned me from a 10 to a 30. You smiled until your eyes traveled from your pretty outfit to the lightly yellowed and browned eyeshadow that a light pole oh-so-graciously gifted you last week. Then there's this kid.

Leaning forward, you inspected the bruise. As you did, your hand subconsciously made it's way to your cheek and distracted you with your stiletto nails looking probably better than you with all its jewels and shit.

"Damn I'm gonna be shown up by just my fingertips. Maybe they're a little extra? I mean they could possibly get in the way if my fans swing by.." You pressed your tongue into your cheek as you drummed your fingers on the sink hearing the satisfying click of your nails before pausing and then shrugging.

Tearing your gaze away from your hands, you looked back to your wounded eyeball. Bops still playing in the background, you clicked your nails to the beat.

"Well, it's fine since I made them extra sharp to stab someone's eyes out."

Deciding you'll just mask it with your make-up, you moved on.

🥀 💉✨

Shuffling your feet, you looked around and picked at the end of your skirt half. Breathing in, you eyed your father who sat quite a few rows down the gym along with other students family members. Grinning in your direction, he looked away from the viewfinder and to you before offering a thumbs up to which you briefly smiled awkwardly. Moving up in line one by one, your standing classmates decreased as names were called on the loud microphone by the principal, nostalgic and PG13 music playing in the background as overly excited families and friends screamed at their pick of students.

Your face laid slack and now turned rigidly ahead. To anyone else, you looked like a disinterested and bored middle schooler, but your friend, Prim, was wiser than that.

"Haruto Lark, congratulations!" The formally dressed and bulky man barked with that permanent grin you've always seen him with. Taking a step forward and sucking in a breath, you watched as the distance between you and the practiced walk to the stage and staff shortened.

You felt your lungs slowly but surely closing up as your pulse gradually picked up. Clenching your fists, you nibbled your lip and took in another breath. Prim had watched from behind as your shoulders first begun to tense and your focus begun to waver. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten another box of donut holes. This feels a little tight..but I also don't regret it...I'd probably regret not eating another box actually-