3

If you're reading this and enjoying it, please vote xxx Thank you loves

Three

"But if a person knows that it could hurt them, or make them feel anything negative, their brain would make them avoid it. It's our nature to act in a way that limits our amount of pain."

How fucking ironic.

The teacher of my psychology class rambles about something that just reminds me all over again about how I lied straight to that girls face. The guilt is eating me alive. I literally did the complete opposite to what the teacher is talking about. I did something – I pretended not to know her – even though I knew I shouldn't have.

I couldn't look at her as I left the cafeteria. I didn't even lift my head to see if she was still in the room.

And now I'm sitting in the last class of the day feeling like shit about myself, even though... I feel like I shouldn't be. Why is this situation bothering me so much? I barely know her. I said what I said to protect my relationship and there's nothing wrong with that.

But I should be thinking about school and somehow she's the only thing on my mind.

After class finishes I manage to shake off Aaron and I find myself drawn to that beautiful redhead. I don't stop myself when my legs lead me absentmindedly in her direction.

"Hey," I say weakly but bravely.

Her head spins around. The second she recognises me she rolls her eyes and turns away again.

"I'm really sorry," I plead. "Look, what's you're name?"

"Cheryl Blossom. And I'd rather spend time with people who wanna talk to me instead of ignoring me. And apparently I don't know you so..." She trails off, and all her words are completely justified.

"I'm sorry. My boyfriend –"

"Oh, so he always tells you what to do?" Cheryl rebuts in a sarcastic tone.

"No, he just... Ugh." I give up.

"You were right," Cheryl looks me dead in the eye, "I mistook you for someone else."

And then she slings her back over her shoulder, the weight very slightly dragging her body down for moment before she straightens herself back out. She spins on her heels and walks straight down the path and onto the street.

I stupidly chase after her.

"Cheryl," I call. She picks up her pace. "Cheryl! I deserved every word of that but I'm sorry. I do recognise you I just don't know where from. I'm confused."

Cheryl furrows her brows like she's thinking. "I wasn't sure before, but I am now. You go to that Dawn Nightclub, don't you?"

What is she talking about? I rarely go out. Like ever. Nightclubs are boring. I don't have a fake ID, so I can't drink like most of my friends do, and I can't go unless Aaron knows about it and comes with me, otherwise he would get pissed. And when he does come, he doesn't let me talk to anyone – unless they are a female, or I already knew them.

"No... I don't think that's it." I try to say nicely but it's hard when I'm beginning to feel almost weirded out.

Cheryl looks frustrated. "What's your name?"

"Toni."

"Toni. You seem nice, but I'm not stupid. I've seen you at that club, and I have too much respect for myself to listen to someone who would lie to me. I should get home."

"Toni!" Someone says from behind me making me spin around.

"Aaron, hey. I was just about come find you."

"Who the fuck is that? And why are you fucking going to nightclubs behind my back?"

Shit. He heard. "Were you eavesdropping on me?"

"Answer the my fucking questions. I asked first." Aaron growls. His fists ball up, whitening at his knuckles.

Fuck this. I ignore him, until he gives up on trying to get my attention, and I walk all the way to my house.
//
If you like my writing please check out one of my other books. "Gotta Get Out" (billie fanfic) and "Off Stage" (gxg short story) <3