11

Please vote and share !!! <3
Eleven

Matt cups his nose that's now gushing crimson liquid from Aaron's expert punch. His face reads shock, clearly not expecting his best friend to go that far, but Aaron just looks angry and ruthless.

Just as Aaron is about to hit Matt again, Matt ducks and hits Aaron in the ribs. Aaron clutches his stomach in pain, but doesn't let the stop him from shoving Matt onto the floor, throwing continuous hits to Matt's face and upper body. Matt gets an occasionally hit in, but struggles with Aaron's heavy body laying on top of him. I watch as Aaron draws his hand back, ready to strike again.

Without thinking, I lunge myself forward and grip onto Aaron's large bicep. He roughly shakes my body off him, throwing me into a locker bay. My head slams against their metal doors and I feel a wave of pain and nausea flood through my body. My ears ring I cover my pounding head with my hands, attempting to ease the pain with pressure, but failing.

When I finally look up, black and white spots cloud my vision, but I manage to see everyone looking at me, and an indecisive look on Aaron's face, like half of him wants to continue to beat up Matt, and the other half wants to apologise to me.

Cheryl, who I only just realise is right by my side, stands up and slowly walks towards Aaron. The boys watch her, silently anticipating why she is coming their way.

Everyone gasps, including me, when she punches Aaron right in the face, catching him and everyone off guard. "You complete fucking asshole. You don't even realise what you have." She hisses. I've never seen her so stone-cold, but the icey look on her face was enough to give me shivers.

Aaron snaps back to reality, and forgets Matt to come comfort me. Before he reaches me, Cheryl steps in front of me protectively.

"What are you doing? You're acting like you're dating her. She's mine."

"When are you going to get it through your thick skull?! You. Don't. Own. Her. She can see and feel and do whatever the hell she wants and she doesn't need your fucking permission. Now leave, before I hit you again and ruin your only good quality."

She ignores the gazes of half the school, scooping her arm around me to help me up and lead me out of the school. Looks like I'm skipping class with her again.

I fish out my keys from my small bag and hand them to Cheryl so she can drive us home. I feel to dizzy to trust myself behind the wheel.

Neither of us speak for the entire ride. I don't know how I should feel, but I know I'm frustrated about the whole situation. Am I glad or annoyed that Cheryl stepped in? I'm definitely bothered by Aaron punching Matt. He did not deserve one bit. He was just being his usual, boy-like, horny self. He makes comments like that all the time.

Aaron. I'm not surprised he acted that way. He's always had a temper but it's so infuriating when he can't control his emotions sometimes. He gets mad over the smallest things, and instead of just talking them out, he acts rashly and impulsively and it never ends well. Ever.

When we finally make it to my bedroom, placing our bags down and sitting crosslegged on my bed, one of us speak for the first time since the fight.

"Thank you, for... you know." I tell her with a small voice. She replies with a smile, but I know it's going to vanish when I continue. "You were really harsh on him, Cheryl. I know he started it, and when it comes down to it, it was his fault, but you didn't have to go that far."

The honest words pour from my mouth calmly, and it feels amazing to be truthful without feeling like I'm about to be yelled at or judged. Feelings are feelings and at least Cheryl understands that.

"I get that, I do," She sighs, but adds under her breath, "He deserved it though."

"But don't you think it was a bit...mean?" I ask.

"Oh princess. Unlike you I don't care how nice I am to people."

With no hesitation or even a thought, as if my body has taken over, I stand, walking to her side of the bed and throw my arms around her body. She reacts instantly, enveloping me in her warmth and sweet scent. I bury my face in the crook of her neck and neither of us move for a really long time.

***
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!
Don't forget to vote because it makes me more motivated to write and update more frequently. Follow me and share this book with your friends if you think they'd like it :))

I hope you have an amazing day xxx <3