Clearest Blue

We all wear masks, and eventually 

the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.

My heart sank deep into the pit of my stomach as Yugyeom's face turned to Daesung, unable to pull his gaze from him. Even though my knees were trembling, I made my way towards him. 

"Thank you, Aiko." I smiled at my nanny who was looking between Yugyeom and myself with a look of confusion on her face. 

"Would you like me to take Daesung to you room, Miss Kim?" I shook my head, plucking Daesung from her arms. He was jet lagged, resting against my chest. 

"That's quite alright, Aiko. Please, feel free to go and freshen yourself up and rest a while. Your room is at the base of the hall." I informed her. She nodded her head towards me before looking nervously at Yugyeom. I gave her a reassuring nod before she finally left. I turned towards Yugyeom, Daesung snoozing lightly, his hand playing with a strand of my hair. 

"Miss Kim? Daesung? What is all of this?" Yugyeom still had his eyes trained in on me as I held the back of Daesung's head. 

"I told you that I had commitments in Japan, that I had a relationship-" I began to speak but he cut over me. 

"I thought you meant you were in a relationship with someone Y/N! Not that you had a child! Not that you had a son!" He ran his hands through his hair. 

"If you're going to shout Yugyeom, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. I don't condone that sort of behaviour in front of him." I insisted as Daesung started to stir. Yugyeom took a breath, trying to calm himself. 

"I'm sorry. This has just come as a shock. How old is he? Who's is he?" 

"He's mine." I insisted firmly as though it was all he needed to know. Yugyeom's brown furrowed lightly. Daesung was starting to wake up, his eyes blinking lightly as he looked at me, registering that I was there. I knew as soon as Yugyeom looked at him properly, he would know himself who Daesung was. 

"Mommy!" Daesung said once he'd woken up, standing up in my lap. "I miss you!" 

"I missed you too baby." I muttered against his ear as he wrapped his arms around my neck, hugging me tight before he pulled back. He turned around, looking straight at Yugyeom as I watched the recognition spread across Yugyeom's face. 

"Who you?" Daesung asked. For a moment, I wasn't sure how Yugyeom was going to react. His face had drained of colour and he looked unwell. He surprised me, moving closer to the sofa and sitting himself down beside me. 

"I'm Yugyeom, a friend of your Mummy's. And who are you?" He asked. Daesung had span himself around, sitting in my lap so that he was facing Yugyeom. 

"Daesung!" He spoke his name like he was proud to have answered the question. I nuzzled my head against him, glad he was here. Yugyeom and Daesung got on like a house on fire, but I could feel the tension in the air and I knew I needed to send Daesung up to Aiko so that I could have a proper conversation with him. Once Daesung was upstairs and out of the way, I straightened my clothes before I headed back to speak to Yugyeom. I placed myself down, letting out a breath of air that had been building up. 

"He's Jungkook's." Yugyeom spoke simply, leaning forward, his elbows on his knees, head in his hands. 

"Daesung is Jungkook's son." I affirmed. I could hear Yugyeom's breathing slowing. I wanted to reassure him but I wasn't sure how to. 

"How? You and Jungkook? Really...?" He muttered into his hands and I started to become uncomfortable, playing with my own hands. 

"Yugyeom, I'm not going to tell you that what happened between me and Jungkook was a mistake or that it just happened because it wasn't and it didn't." I started, looking at the ceiling. "Daesung wasn't planned. I didn't even realise that I was pregnant when I left. I'm not even sure if I was - it all happened so quickly."