Raw

I'm a very strong believer that whoever is meant to be in your life will always gravitate back towards you, regardless how far they wander. 

I'd only just placed Daesung back on the ground when a knock rang out against the door. I shook my head, smiling lightly, wondering what it was that Taehyung had forgotten. Pulling the door open, I laughed. 

"What are you like, Taehyung?" I laughed before I furrowed my brow. Jungkook span on his heel on the doorstep as my heart thundered and my eyes nearly bulged clean out of my head. His eyes narrowed, face torn between realisation and hurt. 

"It is you." He spoke, his voice washing over me and making my blood heat within my veins. I held the door for support. "What's the matter, Y/N? Were you not expecting me?" He spoke quietly, stepping towards the door. I took a step back, my voice trapped in my throat. "When were you going to tell me you were back?" Jungkook spoke, stepping over the threshold. "Were you even going to bother?" 

"I-" I jumped lightly as he closed the door over behind him. "Jungkook, please - can we talk in private?" 

"We are in private, are we not?" 

"Jungkook, I-" 

"Mummy, help." Daesung cried from the floor. I quickly turned around, helping Daesung to pull two parts of his jigsaw apart. Jungkook was stood behind me, frozen in time. His eyes wandered over the child's face that was sat on the floor before him, his heart backflipping in his chest, not sure whether to be elated or devastated. 

"I'll just go and get Aiko-" I muttered but Jungkook held a hand up to stop me in my tracks. I turned to look at him, nervous. 

"There's no need, Y/N." He spoke quietly as he removed his outer coat. I watched his every fluid movement, eyes taking him in. I watched him walk over to Daesung, dropping onto his knees and picking up his toy trains. "Hey buddy, what's your name?" 

"Daesung! Who you?" He asked, casting the jigsaw aside to play with his trains. I perched myself on the edge of the sofa, still on edge myself. 

"I'm Jungkook, me and your Mummy are friends." 

"Mummy has lots of friends." Daesung commented. 

"Does she? Do you have lots of friends Daesung?" Jungkook asked as he helped Daesung set up the tracks for his trains. I started playing with my hands, anxious. 

"YuYu and Tata." He muttered, standing up and getting more of his toys. "I like Tata, he likes raffs." 

"YuYu, huh?" Jungkook turned to look at me and I went to open my mouth but he'd already turned back to face Daesung. 

"So where do you live, Daesung?" 

"In a house, with my Mummy." 

"In Korea?" Jungkook asked. 

"Mummy said no strangers." 

"But we're friends, aren't we Daesung?" Daesung looked at him, weighing it up. Now that I saw them together, the resemblance really was striking. 

"Okay, you like trains, Kookie?" I laughed lightly at Daesung's nickname for Jungkook. Daesung stumbled towards me, grabbing my hand. "Come play, Mummy." He dragged me over to join them on the floor. I crossed my legs, letting Daesung hand me whatever trains he wanted. 

"We need to have a talk, Y/N." Jungkook spoke quietly as Daesung was building his farm around the train tracks. I looked up, catching his gaze. 

"I know. I need to explain a few things." I was starting to feel nauseous, thoughts spinning. "Can we talk in private? Please?"