One Small Step

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.

Yugyeom's Point of View

Mr Jeon's eyes narrowed across the table as he regarded his son carefully, watching the turmoil unfold on his face. He softened his features, as he laced his fingers together, clearing his throat. 

"Yugyeom - whatever it is - you know that you can tell me." He said cooly, catching his son's eyes. "Whatever it is." Yugyeom looked up, his eye catching his Father's as he chewed the inside of his mouth, weighing up the decision. 

"It's just me being stupid and letting my emotions take over me." As much as he was upset with Y/N, he still cared for her and he'd never not care for her. He knew telling his Father would only lead to negativity...Why had he even called him in the first place? 

"Even so - I want to know what's troubling you. I don't want a repeat performance of last time." He mumbled, assuring Yugyeom of his choice. 

"It's Wendy." Yugyeom clutched at straws, trying to fabricate a reason for why he'd called his Father here to meet him. Mr Jeon leaned forward on his elbows. 

"What about Wendy? I don't have to make some calls, do I?" He smiled deviously. Yugyeom immediately felt uncomfortable, knowing he'd made the right choice in his silence. Trying to think on his feet, Yugyeom went with the first thing that came to his mind. 

"I want to ask her to marry me." He stuttered, catching himself by surprise. Mr Jeon settled back into his seat, his eyebrows rising up his forehead before he quickly caught himself and smiled lightly. 

"I'm surprised that you've come to me first about this..." Mr Jeon commented. He remained leaning back, hands laced together. 

"Well, I need your advice." Yugyeom continued down his tangent. 

"What do you need?" He asked, smiling in satisfaction as Yugyeom thought on his feet to further his lie. 

Y/N's Point of View

I had just put Daesung to bed when my phone started to ring. I frowned, having already spoken to Taehyung at length earlier on. Picking up my phone, I span it in my hand. My heart fluttered in my chest at the sight of Jungkook's name. Steadying myself, I took a breath before answering it. 

And then, I missed it. 

"Buggar." I mumbled to myself before unlocking my phone. I was just about to call him back when my phone started vibrating once more. "Hello?" 

"I thought for a moment you were avoiding me." Jungkook's voice replied through the phone. I lay back on my bed, looking up at the ceiling like a lovestruck teenager. I locked my ankles around one another as my heart pounded in my chest roughly. 

"Would I ever?" I teased, playfully as I bit my lip lightly, feeling giddy. 

"Unless you count that time you escaped to Japan..."Jungkook laughed as I inhaled. "I'm joking. You're back now and that's all that matters to me." 

"As long as you're sure." I smiled as I heard Jungkook laugh. My heart inched it's way up my chest, threatening to explode in my throat. It was all I could hear in my ears until his voice broke through once more, his words strong and clear. 

"Where you're concerned Y/N, I'm always sure. You're worth it. You've always been worth it." I tried to stop myself from becoming emotional, biting back my tears. 

"I've missed you." I settled on. 

"I'm glad to hear it." He breathed and I could hear the smile on his lips. "Because I've missed you too." We both enjoyed the silence for a while, enjoying the comfort of reciprocated feelings. "The reason I called is to arrange tomorrow."