Rinse and Repeat

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.

Jungkook's Point of View

Jungkook was nervous as he answered the door, unexplainably so. All of the guys had made alternative plans for this evening and tomorrow, so who could possibly be knocking at the door? It had to be someone who knew the layout of the house to make it this far and know that he would be up here...His mind was running wild as he unlocked the door, brow furrowed. He inhaled sharply at the sight of the person stood before him, his heart beating wildly in his chest as he tried to think of a way out of this situation. 

Nothing came to mind and Jungkook settled for warning Y/N before she came any closer. He held onto the door. "Dad? What are you doing here?" 

"I was in the area and I saw a light on. I thought you sounded a little out of sorts earlier so I thought I would swing by and make sure everything was okay, can I come in?" Jungkook could hear Y/N scuffling quietly around behind him. 

"Uh-" Jungkook hesitated but his Father pushed the door. Thankfully by the time his Father had made his way into the room, Y/N was nowhere to be seen, neither was Daesung. Mr Jeon looked around the room as though expecting to find something. "Why are you really here?" Jungkook asked him firmly, catching sight of a toy train and tapping it lightly with his foot under the sofa. Mr Jeon turned to face his son, eyebrows scrunched together. 

"Now really, what warrants that tone? What's gotten into you?" He took a step towards the sofa, bending slightly. 

"It's been a long day. I'm tired and I would very much like to go to bed. Will you please tell me why you're here?" Jungkook spoke quickly, losing patience. 

"As I say, I just wanted to make sure that you were feeling alright, make sure you weren't ill..." He muttered, spinning around with something in his hands. "But now I realise someone else has already beaten me to it." He spoke, Y/N's handbag in his hand. Jungkook reached out for it, snagging it back before Mr Jeon could search it. 

"That's none of your concern. We'll catch up later in the week." He said dismissively but Mr Jeon was smiling deviously, an idea in his mind. 

"Well, where is the young lady? I'm here now - she may as well get the daunting part of meeting the in-laws out of the way." He smirked, arms folded. 

Y/N's Point of View

After laying Daesung down in my old room, I was thankful that he hadn't woken back up. I wandered into the corridor, watching the scene unfold before me. 

"Dad, it's too soon for that. Just let me go at my own pace." Jungkook tried his hardest to convince his Dad to leave. Mr Jeon tutted. 

"You've changed your tune. I've met a couple of girls who only lasted a week with you, some even less than that. What's the issue?" That last comment had stung a little but I had to be grown up about it. I'd left Jungkook. It was unfair of me to have any judgement at all on what he'd done in my absence. 

"I'm not going to argue with you Dad. Please, let's discuss this another time." He glared at him as I felt something building inside. 

"Something is wrong. What's the issue here? You haven't been yourself these last couple of days. Why?" He spoke as I rocked on my heels. I was starting to grow anxious. The more time the pair of them spent arguing in the living room, the more time I was leaving Daesung open to discovery. 

Mr Jeon knowing about me was one thing, Mr Jeon knowing about Daesung was completely different...and something I wouldn't stand for. 

I couldn't and wouldn't let anything happen to him. Even if that meant standing up to Mr Jeon, the man I'd been apprehensive of for years.