He's The One...

Alex's POV

I walked into the restaurant and saw Mike sitting at a table. I walked over to him. "Hi,"
"Hi, you look beautiful Alex," he smiles at me which makes me smile too.
"Thanks, you look nice as well," I had told Spencer this was our first date but it wasn't we had been going out almost a month now. "I told Spencer about tonight," I tell him
"Really, does this mean I can finally meet her?"
"Yeah, you can, when do you want to meet her?"
"Whenever suits, I mean we're in school together tomorrow so?" He smiles again and so do I.
"Then it's sorted you can meet all my friends tomorrow?"
"Sounds perfect, now let's get some food,"

 "Then it's sorted you can meet all my friends tomorrow?""Sounds perfect, now let's get some food,"

Emily's POV

I'm wondering where Alex is when she walks up to us.
"Hey guys," she says nervously and then I see someone behind her "there's someone I'd like you to meet, this is Mike Ross," she smiles and I can see that she's happy
"Hi Mike, I'm Spencer, Alex's sister," Spencer shakes his hand and I know she's trying to figure out what kind of guy he is.
"And this is Emily, Aria, Hanna and Alison," Alex introduces us all and we all agree to meet up in Hanna's after school.

Hanna's POV

I'm sitting in my room with Alex and Mike waiting for the others to show up.
"Hey!" Caleb says loudly walking in making Alex jump which makes Mike pull her into a hug without questioning anything.

"Caleb!" I say to him throwing the closest pillow to me at him

"Oh, sorry Alex," he says to her
"It's fine Caleb," she says even though I know it's not.
She told us a while back that when she hears loud noises or gets scared she sees her dad hitting her, and even though Caleb doesn't know that part of it he knows by now not to scare her. It makes me wonder if Alex has told Mike about her dad by his reaction.
"Alex, can I talk to you," I signal towards the door
"Uh s-sure," she follows me outside the room. "What's up?"
"Have you told Mike about.."
"No. why do you think I should?"
"No I was just asking because of how understanding he was when Caleb walked in,"
"Yeah that's the sort of person he is, I think I want to tell him what do you think?"
"I think if you like him enough to even consider it then yes I think you should,"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean you wouldn't even consider telling Tyler," she looks down and I instantly regret mentioning him "sorry."
"It's fine," she shakes her head and we go back into the room.

——————————

Spencer's POV

"How 'bout we all have a sleepover here tonight?" Hanna says after the boys have left, Alex looks up suddenly looking panicked.
"That sounds great," Em and Aria agree
"Alex, what's wrong?" Hanna asks
"N-nothing I have to go," she says running out the door
"Alex! wait!" I run after her and as I'm faster I get ahead and block her from going any further.
"What Spence?"
"What's going on?"
"I..uh..nothing it's nothing just let me go," she's getting really stressed and tries to push past but I stop her by grabbing her wrist noticing the marks left from our father. I see her wincing and I instantly let go.
"Alex..please I'm your sister," I beg and she starts to cry, "shh..it's okay, it's going to be okay,"
"No it's not Spence," and she looks at me with a look that I've only ever seen twice, the look that she really is broken.
"What do you mean?" I pull her into a big hug careful not to hurt her.
"I mean it's gotten worse, like a lot worse," that's when I realise what she was panicking about.
"Come on I'm coming with you,"
"No..please.. don't he'll turn on both of us or just get way worse on me," she looks scared, but there's no way I'm letting her go back alone to our monster of a father.
"I'm not letting you go home on your own,"
"Fine," She says giving in.

————————————————————

We walk in and I see dad on the couch and my heart starts pounding, he stands up the second we walk in, coming over to us.
"Spencer go upstairs," he says looking me in the eye.
"Why?" I ask not wanting to leave Alex alone with him.
"Because I said so," he begins to raise his voice and I feel Alex gripping my hand. "NOW!" He shouts suddenly and Alex screams running towards the stairs together but not before he blocks her path leaving us separated on either side of him. "Now go!"

Alex's POV

"Please don't," I beg close to tears.

—————————————

We walk into Hanna's together with our bags, Spence carrying mine even though I tried to persuade her I was fine.
"Hey," Spence says sitting down on Hanna's bed.
"Oh my god," Aria says coming over to help me because I was practically tripping over my own feet"What happened to you?"
"Thanks," I say ignoring her question and almost collapsing beside Spence. No one says anything for a while.
"Well?" Em says
"It's nothing," I reply denying the fact that I'm covered in bruises..again.
"Well we know what that means," Aria says looking at Hanna and Em
"Huh?" I say completely confused.
"Like we know what you mean when something bad has happened and you don't want to tell us, like it's nothing, means it's really bad but I can't tell you, then, what do you mean? means I'm trying to pretend that nothing happened so can you do that to?" Emily says
"What? How on earth did you figure that out?" I say still confused.
"Over all the years of you lying" Em says "so..is it what we think?"
"Umm.." I say looking at the ground, "yeah it is."

Emily's POV

"Alex seriously you gotta tell someone," Aria says looking concerned.
"Really who?"
"The cops!" Hanna shouts making Alex jump
"Hanna!" I say
"Sorry, but she needs to, it's getting too dangerous I mean look at her she's half-dead,"
"I am not half-dead, there's been worse times than this and I've been fine so please calm down," Alex protests.
"I will not calm down you are my friend and I will not stand by and let you get hurt," Hanna says more serious than I have ever seen her before. Alex doesn't say anything and we sit in silence until Aria breaks the tension and changes the subject.
"So how's Mike?" She asks and Alex smiles.
"He's good, I really like him,"
"How long have you been going out?" I ask
"A month tomorrow," she says and Spencer looks up
"A month?!"
"Yeah,"
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because I didn't know if it was going to be serious or not, I'm sorry," she looks upset
"It's fine, anyway are you doing anything nice tomorrow to celebrate?"
"I think we're just gonna go to his house and I'm planning to tell him I love him," her smile gets even bigger.
"That's amazing Alex we're really glad you're happy," we all hug then go down to get some food.