Chapter 12

The next day

I woke up due to me going to bed so early, I scrambled for my phone on the bed and checked it. 2 unread messages.

Derrick <12:04 a.m.> Bitchhhh why you ain't call me back?

Monica <9:45 p.m.> Why haven't you been at work?

I rubbed my forehead forgetting the fact that I haven't even called Derrick back and I missed work yesterday. I dialed the store number and waited for an answer. "Hi, thanks for calling Victoria's Secrect, this is Monica speaking. How may I help you?" I cleared my throat beginning to speak. "Hey Monica, its Sidnei." "Oh Sidnei, what happened to you coming to work?" I began playing with the covers while speaking. "Well, an incident happened to y car while working and I have no way there until my car is fixed." She sighed, "alright Sidnei, next time call me to give me a heads up, it was crazy in here yesterday." I nodded and twisted my lips. "Okay Monica, sorry." I could hear her voice lighten up "Apology accepted, call me as soon as your at is fixed so i can change your schedule." I smiled "Thanks." I hung up after hearing the dial tone, and began walking towards August room. I opened the door slowly and saw him sound asleep, I guess I'll go get some food for us. I kept his door open so he'll know I've been there and walked down to my room and slipped my shoes on. I walked downstairs and grabbed his keys off the counter and went out the door, I bet he'll kill me for taking his car but he'll be fine. First I went to the house to grab a few things to wear for a couple days then went to IHOP to grab something to eat. I drove back to the house, walked inside and saw August awaiting me at the couch. He turned towards the door as I walked in "We take cars now?" I laughed and pushed his head forward. "I bought you food." This nigga got up so fast it ain't even make any sense. "Thanks ma." I side eyed him, "mhm." He took a piece of bacon and bit into it and began a conversation.

"I checked on your car yesterday ma." I looked up at him "and...?" he shook his head "man, they done fucked yo shit up." I walked over to him "and whatchu mean?" I cornered him "I'm playin but forreal, your car straight. They just ordered the tires so the should come in tomorrow or two days from now." I smirked and walked away. "Thats what I thought." He continued to eat his bacon and grabbed a few pancakes. "Thanks for keeping me company, Its pretty boring touring around alone." I smiled, "you're welcome... but speaking of your tour, when is the next tour date?" He looked up and grabbed his phone out his pocket, I'm guessing to check the list. "August 10" he looked up from his phone and sat it down on the counter. "Well thats only three days from now, but what do you want me to do while you're gone?" He thought to himself and shrugged, "iooon know ma, I would ask you to hold the house down while I'm gone but, you can't handle it." I snored "boy I'm sleep as hell, you know damn well I can hold it down." He laughed and nodded, "true that." He finished his plate and walked out leaving his phone on the counter... should I grab it? I contemplated on grabbing it and when I did his phone rang. So I pretended to act like I was getting it to give to him. "Who's the caller ID?" I looked and began to get jealous and a tad bit anxious. "Kel.." He turned around from the couch "uh, don-don't even worry about it." He pushed his hands and turned back around. I guess she isn't important.. I bagged everything and sat it on the island and grabbed my suitcase and went upstairs.

I pulled my phone from out my back pocket while putting my clothes away and called Derrick. "Hey chick." I laughed, Derrick always knew how to make me laugh. "What's up?" I said smiling, "bitch, nothing much. Just trying to figure out WHERE YOU BEEN?" I rolled my eyes, "Derrick I'm fine, I been staying with August because my car is with his friend." I could tell he was surprised "Uh-oh the bat has came out the damn cave." I stopped folding my clothes and laughed. "Oh shut up, I'm chilling." "Mmmhmmm, well mama when I'm going to see you? We damn sure got some catching up to do." I thought to myself "how about tomorrow night? you just find a place to meet up." "Yassss, aight that'll work, see you tomorrow mama." I laughed, "bye Derrick." I hung up and began folding my clothes again excited for tomorrow.

My folding was interrupted by Augusts voice. "Going somewhere?" I turned around towards the door "not today, tomorrow night." He nodded, "good, I wanted to watch a movie with you tonight plus I was wondering if you wanted to go work out?" I smiled, "sure, ok. I'll meet you downstairs after I'm done." I could tell this fool wanted to really spend some time with me.