Prologue (continued)

I got myself dressed and I went straight to the car so i'd meet Anthony just in time. As I was sitting in the car listening to the radio, I heard them babbling about new artists on the come up. I wasn't listening until they said August Alsina.

"wait.. what? August? wait.. my Anthony?"

I continued to drive as they talked about Anthony on the come up. "This man is talented, all his covers are great." I hurried as I pulled into my parking spot, I sped walked in school trying to find Anthony, I called twice.. no answer.. what is going on?

August POV

Man, last night was crazy.. and to think that I never really loved this chick Alex, is even worse. Alex had spent the night and I haven't even made it to school. Guess I'm staying home. My phone began to ring, "man what this nigga want?!.. hello?"

Najee: "wake up bruh, I just heard them talking about you on the radio!"

"nigga what? this early?"

Najee: "hell yeah, get up i'm on my way over"

*call ends

Aw man, Najee coming over while Alex is here? I hope she doesn't wake up I swear.. Najee knows I have a little feelings for Sidnei.. I don't need him blowing my spot up.

Sidnei POV

I gave up looking for him, he obviously wasn't in school. School was almost over anyways, I sat in English class when I felt a slight vibration in my pocket. I tried to fish it out without Mr. Sellars realizing.

< One new message >

9195259005: I had a great night with Anthony, lets see if he likes you now.

i mumbled to myself.. "what the hell?" I began to think who could it be? "Alex!" I said outloud "oops, my bad" I needed to chill out, I know I had feelings for Anthony and I think he has feelings too but I hate that he is with Alex...

2 hours later

"man am I happy to leave this hell of a school!" I said to myself I hopped in my car, beginning to drive off until my phone rang. Unknown number? who could it be?

"..Hello?"

??: Is this Sidnei Wilson?

"This is she? May I ask who's calling?"

??: This is Officer June, I was calling to tell you that your father has been arrested for a drug possession and second degree robbery, would you like to talk to this inmate?

"Um, yes..."

Daddy: Sid... I'm sorry..

" why are you calling me out of all people? You haven't been in my life ever since elementary school, did mom give you my number?"

Daddy: yes..

I hung up, I was pissed. I had a choice of words for my mother, i hated that she gave my number to that bum example of a father. When he wasn't there Anthony was, I began to have hot tears running down my face while driving. 15 minutes later I was in the driveway of the house. I unlocked the door and flung open the door, "MA!"

Her car was here, but I didn't hear her. I ran upstairs to see her with her head in her hands. "What's up with you giving my number out? You know i hate him, when I got bullied he wasn't there! He was out there with another BITCH and ain't care about me. Nobody ever care about how Sidnei feels." She looked up at me and I turned around, "Sid, I'm S-s..." i walked out before she could even apologize. I was heated, I went in my room and Locked myself in.

August POV

"mane why don't you just finish high school then focus on your music, continue to write but you need to focus mane." Najee wouldn't let this convo go. After Alex left he been lecturing me for 2 hours straight. "Aight bra just shut up, ima do what I need to do aight?" Najee nodded and began to get up "well, aight bra I'll talk to you tomorrow" we dapped before he left. I got up and locked the door behind him. I picked up my journal full of songs, and began to write. As I was writing I thought about Sidnei.. So I thought I'd text her.

Me <8:32>: Sid.

Sidnei <8:38>: why are you texting me?

What the fuck is up with her? Why she acting like this? She never acts like this..

Me <8:41>: what you talm bout mane?

Sidnei <8:45> wasn't you just with Alex? You was just all up on me a few weeks ago, you promised me you wouldn't be with no other hoes but you out here doing the opposite. It's aight tho, don't even talk to me no more, I'm done with everybody.

That left me thinking all night long, I never intentionally meant to hurt her.. I knew deep down I loved her, as long as we knew each other.. I couldn't leave her hanging. I decided to just turn the tv off and go to sleep on my emotions.

Sidnei POV

Man, i don't even know what to do.. After everything that has happened in my life.. I wanted nothing to do with anyone. I was bullied at 9, My dad was never in my life, my mom did drugs when I was 6, I was always mistreated by everyone. So I knew what I wanted to do, finish my last year and a half in high school and never come back.

----------------------------------
Sidnei in the media 💁