Chapter 13

"1...2...3...4" August was lifting weights. I stared at him while I was doing squats with weights. "Bet I'll finish before you." I said while smirking. He looked up from the weights and laughed "girl please, bet you won't." He winked at me and continued to lift the weights. "Aight, bet. Whoever reaches 45 first wins." I laughed because I already know I'll win. "ok ma, ready...." He started lifting an laughed "CHEATER." I said loudly and began doing the squats, Once I reached 20 I was almost dead I laughed to myself as I was thinking. "35,36..." August said smiling, "damn I'm only at 30, you're only winning because you cheated" he laughed "nah ma, let's go." I went faster trying to keep up and as soon as I reached 45 I was proud as hell. "Aha I beat you nigga." I said while catching my breath. "Now its time to sit my ass down, I'm tired." He walked over to me and gave me a kiss "good job, I let you beat me." He chuckled and I pushed him by his chest and laughed as I walked away. "What's next?" He said glancing over to me and beginning to sit down on the couch. "I don't know, I'm pretty hungry." He rubbed his chin and stood up "come on, we need to take a shower so we can go out." I looked at him confused "what are you talking about?" 😳 he laughed "come on ma, trust me." I thought to myself for a quick moment. "Fine august." He guided me upstairs and led me to the bathroom. "Ladies first." I laughed and began to start the shower. I turned around and soon realized he was still in the bathroom, can you please leave?" He looked at me funny "I need to shower too you know?" I placed my hands on my hip and tilted my head. "Could you wait after I'm done?" He rubbed his chin "aight hurry up ma" he closed the door and I began to put my hair in a pony tail and got undressed. I jumped in the shower.

*25 minutes later*

I walked in the room and went through the dresser to find something to wear. I grabbed a cute black and blue dress, and a few gold bracelets and rings. I went into August's room forgetting I left my phone in the bathroom. I knocked on the door and went in. "I forgot my phone was in here." He moved the curtain over and peeped out "Oh, aight." I smiled to myself and walked out. I went in the guest room and began to get dressed, but I was interrupted by a text message. I unlocked my phone and began to read the message.

Zakee <8:53pm> who the fuck is this?

I looked confused and read a previous message that was sent from my phone.

Me <8:40pm> look bra, don't text my girl.

I became worried... Zakee is crazy, I dated him when I was 17 and we broke up awhile ago. I left him because he would spread rumors about me and he hit me occasionally. He was a bad influence on myself and I left him when I left for college. I heard Augusts footsteps nearby and hurried to finished slipping into my dress. "Oooooh, thats sexy ma." I turned around and looked at him "shut up, go get dressed negro.

---------------------- short chapter I know.