"The Guy"

Chapter #3

The next morning, the couple woke up in each others embrace. Gauri got ready and went to make breakfast when Om back hugged her and she leaned to his chest as he kissed her cheek.
"What are you making?"
"Halwa"
"My favorite?"
"Yes"
"Nowadays you love me a lot"
"I do.. I I know that you do too"

"Hayee mai satke jaava" Dadi entered the kitchen making rikara startle and Om left Gauri and moved to the other side. Gauri ran away saying something about cleaning their room and Om saying that he has a deal to sign and dadi stood there laughing whereas rikara dashed each other in the hall and started laughing.
"Let's eat wifey?"
"Ok"

They both went to the dining hall and started eating when Gauri remembered something and told the family about how she had seen a man running from the kitchen a while ago when she was entering and the family just thought it to be a servant and continued eating until Gauri felt something prick and started coughing when Om gave her water but she did not feel better.

########

In the evening Om was ever so happy after signing the deal and went up to his room only to find Gauri coughing badly.
"Jaan, you're fine?
She shaked her head in no and showed Om her hand. She was coughing blood. Om got damn scared and literally panicked. He asked Gauri to get up so that he could take her to the hospital but whenever she would get up, she would have pain in her stomach and sit back.

"Jaan... Its ok.. You're gonna be fine alright?" Om tried to console her but all in avail. She started crying due to the pain and now blood was coming out if her mouth. Om lifted her and ran towards his car where he found Rudy and told him to drive and take them to the hospital. Throughout the way, Gauri was on Om's lap.. Om calming her down and telling her not to close her eyes while Gauri who was responding felt really good from inside about her one choice of marrying him turned out to be so good. They reached the hospital and gauri was rushed to the OT while om sat outside praying for her and half in tears. He did not pick any calls from office but cried his heart out just sitting outside the OT when it struck him. "The guy" the guy whom gauri had mentioned, the lizard yesterday.. Was it all planning? If yes, who was behind it? Who was "the guy" exactly? He immediately called up raghav and told him to investigate on the matter.

#####

Rudy sat beside his brother, consoling him. The best he could do now while his brothers jaan was inside the OT. The moment he sat there, he felt that om was talking and he was. He was only chanting, "Gauri plz come back.. I can't lose you.. Not after so much plz" and Rudy hugged him, "Om relax.. Bhabi will be ok". "I don't know rudy.. I don't wanna lose her" he said and sobbed louder.

Rudy called Bhavya and told her to come to the hospital taking Gauri's stuff as she was supposed to be admitted here. Meanwhile, the doctor said that she needed a blood donor with the blood group b+ve and om was o+ve so he went and donated the blood.

After 3 hrs, the doctor finally came out.
R: Doctor, is bhabi ok?
D: Can I speak to her husband plz? Is your name omkara?
R: No.. That's my brother.. Why?
D: Actually she woke up and said she wants to meet omkara.. But there's another thing...
Om entered.
O: Yes doc, how is she?
D: Are you Omkara?
O: Yes.
D: Listen.. So when we operated her, we found a glass piece in her stomach. She must have consumed it and it has damaged her internal organs.. Although it wasn't major we have fixed it and she should be on complete bed rest plz. And you should be resting.. You aren't even looking fine after your blood donation. Did you have something?
O: No..
R: Om are you mad?
D: I'll send some glucose for you. Your wife wants to meet you.

He went inside the ward where gauri was admitted and gauri smiled seeing him whereas his heart pricked to see his jaan surrounded by wires wearing an oxygen mask and laying there. She signed him to go near her and he went. The moment she said, "Husband" and chuckled, he sat down keeping his head on her hand and started sobbing. She stroked his hair and said, "It's ok hubby. I'm fine" and he just sobbed louder. This was heart breaking for him that someone was trying to harm his wife and he couldn't or rather didn't do anything.

Their moment was broken by a woman, a screaming woman in the hallway coming towards them and entered the ward only to keep her hand on Gauri's stomach and making gauri wince in pain and Omkara's anger rise.
"Mrs Oberoi are you blind? Can't you see that my wife here is in pain and you are just increasing it for us? Plz.. We don't want your concern. Plz stay away from me and my family. From the time you have come something or the other has been happening to gauri and I am not so glad about it. You get that? Now get out" om said in anger while anika tried to clarify by saying that she was sorry and was in a hurry increased Om's anger. He replied in an angry tone, "Why were u in such a hurry? What work do you have? You just know how to seduce men and nothing else" while he heard gauri, "Om.. She's my sister.. You can't talk to her like that" and Rudy entered taking Om out giving the sisters a little alone time.
"Does it hurt?"
"Yes.. A lot now after you pressed it"
"I'm sorry na.. I'm just not in the correct mindset but your husband is a total jerk"
"Look, considering how he loves me, I appreciate the way he reacted and what do you mean by jerk? As if he is in the right mindset? Why have you changed so much di? Sometimes I feel omkaraji is right.... You have changed.. You are just with jiju and you aren't even concerned about me.. Where were you yesterday? Don't tell me that my husband didn't allow you.. I'm glad he didn't cause you just increase my stress and nothing else"
"Chutki I.. "
" Di I think you should leave"
"But.. "
" Plz.. Leave.. Just go"

Anika went from there crying whilst om entered.
"Did you scold her or anything? Why was she crying?"
"I scolded her.. She was talking bad about you"
"Aww.. You didn't have to do that wife but thanks"
"Yeah ok"

Just then, Rudy and Bhavya entered and Om got up from his seat when he felt dizzy and was about to fall. Luckily, rudy caught him in time and Rudy whispered in his ears, "You still didn't have anything na?" "I'm going" he replied and went.

"What happened to him?" Gauri asked while Rudy just shaked his head in no and said "nothing"

#####

There was a debate going on between Bhavya, Dadi and Om about who will stay with Gauri and on Gauri's request, Bhavya had to stay. Om frowned at Gauri and asked her about the "talk" thing but she said that she would be comfortable with a woman over here and told Om not to be disappointed. Before going, Om hugged Gauri very lightly to ensure that she doesn't get hurt, kissed her forehead, cheeks and pecked her lips before going.
"I'll come back in the morning wifey"
"Will miss you hubby... Good night, I love you"
"Me too.. Good night jaan.. I love you too"

And with that, he went home but the investigation was yet to be done.

SO many of you guys love this story so deeply and it makes me so happy that I want to give everyone of you a tight hug!
Target: 40+votes and 15+comments cause you guys love this story!!! Some people also told me that it was perfect for redux and I was in my lala land after that.. Also, many stories are coming up! So stay well, take care, Bye!
Thank you guys!
Love,
Sammy