"A Day Out"

Chapter #19

Gauri was sitting in the spa pampering herself and looking at the colors in the hamper and wondering whether she should colour her hair or not.. "Will Omkara like it?" she thought and turned to Bhavya. "Bhavya what goes into maintaining your Coloured hair?" she asked while Bhavya turned and gave a big lecture and finally said, "Don't do it bhabi.. Then you will have to do hair spa's and keratin treatments almost every month.. And its just so hectic.. And your hair is really beautiful.. I'm sure even om bhaiya loves it right?" she asked when she blushed and Bhavya teased her. She remembers the times when all her hair would be tied up and he would come and open them up and how he made her grow it up to her waist. "Yes he does.. I'm not doing anything to it.. I'll just get a hair spa done" she said and Bhavya nodded.

Gauri was getting a manicure done when her phone rang. She smiled seeing the caller ID. Even Bhavya peeked to see who it was but could only manage to see a 'K' and was confused. "Who is K and why is bhabi smiling?.. Anyways let me not think much.." she thought and relaxed back as Gauri picked up the call.

"Hello?"
"Hey! Whatsup? Are you enjoying?"
"Hmm.. A lot.. Its so relaxing"
"You needed this.. And I know that you are in a bathrobe.. Send me a pic na.. And are you wearing the yellow frock I told you?"
"Uff.. How much will you speak? Yes I did.. Ok?"
"Accha.. I'll pick u up once you are done.. Message me"
"Hmm.. Ok.. Bye"
"Bye.. Love you.. **mmuuaahh**"
"Besharam chirota"
"Bye!!!"
"Ha.. Ha.. Bye"

She kept the phone aside. How she loved this man.. Even in office he didn't shy away from giving a long kiss from the phone. It was their first anniversary and she pestered him on a plain candle light dinner but he had convinced her that they will do whatever she loved and she also wanted to do what he loved.

He picked her up from the parlor at about 3pm and both were shocked to see each other.

"Where are your specs?"
"Why are you wearing a jacket?"
"Shut up"  **blush**
"Why are your hair tied?"
"Why aren't your hair tied?"
"I thought you like me hair open"
"I do.. But why are you wearing jeans? And a casual t-shirt?"
"You open your hair"
"Ok"

She opened her hair.

"Now tell me"
"You like it na.. And you wore the heart bracelet I gave you on karwa chauth"
"I did.. Now let's go"

####

They sat in the car and drove away.

First, they went to the beach where both had a lot of fun with each other. They both sat on the sand with Gauri's head resting on his shoulder while his head was on top of hers. They both clicked a lot of pictures and enjoyed the view as well as played with water splashing it on each other. They then again sat in the car and went from the beach after freshening up a bit.

######

Om then took her to his favorite Italian restaurant where they both fed each other, paid and left.
They then went to the temple and prayed for each other before departing home for some very badly wanted quality time. They went home and cuddled on the sofa watching a movie and slept off initially. They got up to om's alarm. Om got up first being a light sleeper and tried waking up gauri who wasn't ready to wake up.
"Gauri" he said and she hummed in response. "Wake up love" he said kissing her forehead and she opened her eyes lazily. "Why kara?" she asked and he chuckled. "Date babuu" he said and she got up and stretched. "I'll be back in 10 mins" she said and went to freshen up while Om went to the mirror to brush his hair. He was standing ready near the door when she came and side hugged him and then entwined her fingers with his. "Let's go" she said while he nodded and they left.

The drive was a silent affair as they both were dancing and singing to songs. Trust them to be crazy only when they are together. They reached the hotel and slow songs were being played, so they both decided to dance. He pulled her and hugged her from behind slowly swaying to the music. "You look mesmerizing" he said and she blushed profusely. "My Husband isn't less" she replied turning back and locking her hands behind his neck while his hand rested on her waist pulling her close. "I love you gauri.. You are really cute.. Just like a baby.. My baby" he said and she kissed his chest resting her head there. "My Husband pampers me a lot.. Maybe that's why" and the music ended while everybody present burst out clapping and hooting for the couple. They bowed and proceeded towards their seat and sat down for dinner. The wait or brought their food in a while and both fed each other and then paid the bill to go back home. They were really tired when they reached home.
Gauri was thinking about the grocery shopping and she was blabbering after entering the door and finding om not replying, she turned back annoyed only to see om on one knee. He was holding a heart shaped diamond ring in his hand and gauri cupped her face in shock, excitement and happiness. "Will you stay with me forever and bear your Nandi bails tantrums?" he asked and she squealed in happiness before kneeling down and hugging him tight also rewarding him with a kiss. They kissed for what seemed eternity and parted for breath before resting their foreheads against each other. After a few minutes, they walked to the bedroom and slept in each others embrace.

The next morning, Om had to go back to attend his exhibition. He hugged gauri and kissed her all over the face before leaving. Finally when he left, Gauri went back to the kitchen to have her breakfast. After about 2 hours, she switched on the TV only to hear the most shirking news.

"Plane **** headed to Germany today, was hijacked and now.. Has crashed. Stay tuned for more updates"

And Gauri's whole world collapsed. She felt as if she had been stabbed. She fell to the ground on her knees. "Kara" she whispered before tears slipped down her cheeks.