"The Operation"

Chapter #12

"Good morning wifey" he said walking up to her seeing her open her eyes. "Good morning husband" she said and layed back sleeping again while he lifted her up, "Chalo get up" he said and made her sit up. "Kara! You will never let me sleep" she whined while he chuckled, "Sorry Ri" he said and made his sleepy dwarf drink water. "Ri... Today is the oper..." "Kara... I know... And I know you're scared but... You know that no one and nothing can seperate us right?" She said holding his hands. Both knew that there was a 20% chance for her survival and they were sad. Tears slipped from their eyes as she cupped his right cheek and kept their foreheads together. Tears falling from their eyes on their interlocked hand. His left hand on her right cheek and her left hand on his. Both were communicating through their hearts and souls. 

######

"I guess it's time" he said while she nervously nodded. He hugged her and kissed in her hairs, "I'll come back... Kara... There's no rikara if ri isn't there na? I'll come back... For you... For us... I love you Kara" "I love you too wifey" he said and cried in her embrace.

 "I can't let you go..." 

"I told you... Nothing will happen"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"I'll be there... I'll be outside... I swear... I won't go anywhere.."

"I know" 

And with that he had to let her go for the operation.

#########

He sat outside the OT... After about an hour, the doctor came out. He was looking happy. He went to Om, patted his shoulder, "You're wife is ok.. but she will be kept in the ICU" he said while Om replied, "Thank you" and he walked away smiling. 

He went into the ICU. He had asked special permission to meet Gauri.

~~~~~

"Hey!"

"Hmmm" and she turned. "I told you... I will be back... For us" 

"Rest" he said and left. 

She was soon shifted to the ward but due to complications she was again kept in the ICU for strict monitoring. Om used to frequently come and visit her.

It was evening just before the visiting hours were about to end. Om went to meet his Ri and suddenly, her breaths became heavy and she couldn't breathe. Immediately, the doctors came in sending Omkara out. 

The doctor came out of the ICU with a very serious and sad face and Om who was sitting on the chair hanging his head down and being consoled by Ruvya, ran to the doctor and started bombarding him with questions but he wouldn't answer. Finally when he spoke up, Ruvya and Om went into shock as om almost fell when Rudy caught him.

That's all. My mom came to know and has banned me and my sister from watty. Can't promise frequent updates. 

Love,

Sammy 💜🖤