Chapter 32

After the boys met your mom, the six boys took a tour around the house while Jungkook stayed. He listened to jokes and stories from your mom. You overheard them talking.

"So you're telling me that you were the one with my daughter in that car crash?" Your mom asked.

"Yes, and I am really sorry I left. I wanted to give her some space and--"

"It's done kid. She is fine now. But you know what?"

"What?" Jungkook asked.

"I feel bad as a mother. She called me every night and she is happy these days, but last night? She called me and all I heard was crying and sobbing. This is what she told me--" your mom pulled out her phone and played a recored message.

"Mom. I don't know why I've been feeling this way ever since he came back. I am still scares to love. I am scared to give him my all. I don't want to fall when I know, no one is going to catch me. The two guys I loved have his own happy pill now," you said.

"What do you mean, 'Happy pill'?" Your mom asked.

"They both have someone to be sweet with and spend time together."

"Are you really scares to love again?"

"Yes."

"Let me tell you a story. My first husband died from falling off a cliff. I was so scared to go hiking and to fall in love again. I thought, if I fell in love again, he would be disappointed in me. But at the same time, I wanted to love someone else. That is when I met your dad, my best friend, my first love. We were so happy! It felt he held onto my problems too. I remembered my first husband and immediately cut off all connection with your dad. Your dad made an effort to make me love him again. I was still scared that maybe he'll give up and move on. But--"

"But?" You asked.

"But he tried harder each day. I told myself that I am ready to love again. Y/n, it takes time for a heart to heal. When your dad died, it took me a while to get over it. Now, I'm telling you, not just as your mother, but as your friend too, that you can't heal as fast as you want. Now come home--"

Your mom stopped the recording messages.

"Is she really hurt?" Jungkook asked.

"We have the same voice when we are hurt. Last night, I heard my voice in her. She's been weak these days. After that guy disappeared, the guy she mentioned--"

"Dissapeared?"

"The first time I heard her, she came home five years ago, crying. She told me that the one she truly loved died from a bombing. I remember her saying, 'Mom, it's not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashback that follows'."

You looked at Jungkook and seen that he was tearing up.

"It's you isn't it?" Your mom asked Jungkook.

"Yes?"

"The boy that 'died from the bombing. I know it's you. Let me assure you that she'll be cold towards you for now, but she still wants to love you. I'll leave now. You and your friends stay here."

"'It's not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashback that follows'." Jungkook repeated.

You watched Jungkook as he stood to bid your mom goodnight and faewell.

You quickly hid.

"I know you're there," he said after a long, noisy silence.

"Wh- what? How? I'm--"

"I heard you breathing."

"You heard that? I don't ev--"

"I still love you so I can feel you."