The Meet

I was pretty fucking nervous when Friday morning finally came strolling around after I called in sick yesterday. I had to call in sick as Spring said I would wake up late but I didn't listen... Well I did wake up later.... pretty fucking 2 hours late. Spring of course went to school that morning while I stayed home stressing out over what to wear or say to her parents when the day arrived. Unfortunately that day is here now kicking me in the ass. Still fluttering my eyes open I didn't know what to do. But right now that needs to be a discussion for later. Quickly I got out of bed, showered, brushed my teeth, did my hair, and added on some slight make up. Taking one look in the mirror I was content with my look "Okay I look good". Making my way into the kitchen I began to unwrap the breakfast that Spring made me before She left. I ran out to my car with a wrap in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. I wasn't late but I defiantly wasn't early like I usually be. Last night Spring came over and we watched movies and explained to each other that we were going to act like our selfs around her parents even if they started to pressure me with a bunch of questions. I told her I could handle whatever they threw at me... but was I really ready? Truly. Hell no.. I mean who would be ready to meet someone's parents.. it's like trying to learn how to ride a bike and isn't sure if you really want to do it because your afraid.. something worse will happen other than falling off...

First period class was normal as always giving out the assignment for the weekend. Since today was Friday I decided to give out homework on a test that was coming up. For once I let the class go 40 minutes earlier because I needed the time and space to myself. I was completely freaking out on the inside about tonight. What if they don't like me? Do they even know I'm her teacher? What if they find out and call the cops on me or worse move her somewhere else? Suddenly my phone starts ringing, taking it out it was Tom. Picking up I answer immediately.
"Hey Tom".
"Hey honey, how are you doing.. you know since the incident?" He questions.
"Ummm.. I'm doing fine, how about you and Adam?" I question.
He chuckles "Me and Adam broke up about 4 days ago".
"What?! What the hell happened?" I ask worried.
"Well honey he told me he didn't want a relationship anymore and how he said I was a experiment to his opening sexuality".
"Wow Tom I'm so sorry".
"Honey don't even worry about it, you know he always comes back over time but until then you know I'm always mingling with other guys, enjoying myself, how are you and that girl?".
Suddenly spring enters my room closing the door behind her "Hey baby" she responds before giving me a kiss on the lips "What are you doing here? I ask her wondering why she isn't in class. "Well I saw half of your class out in the hallway so I figured I'd come by and see what the hell was wrong because you never do that, also I wanted to come before this class actually starts because then I won't be able to kiss those soft lips of yours".
"Well go back to class I'm sure you've probably been out more than a regular person would be". She chuckles "How do you know me so well Ms. Fall". Kissing me again she pulls my loose strands behind my ears "I love you I'll be back in 15 minutes to stare at you". Giggling I say "Okay and you won't be able to perform that task better than me". She winks before leaving.
"Alright I'm here I'm so sorry that was Spring". I apologize pressing the phone back against my ear.
"Wow... your getting serious with her.."
smiling I say "Yes... she's pretty amazing, actually I'm going to meet her parents today before we take that next step" I explain.
"Are you ready for that next step? I mean you know what happened last time with that last girl" he reminds me. "Tom she's not that last girl I love her". Silence on the phone "Did she say it back?". Smiling I reply "Yes she did, and it was real".
"Wow... Wow Hayley I guess this is getting serious" he says. I could hear the happiness in his voice indicating that he was happy for me.
"Well Hayley Fall I'm happy for you honey, really". "Thank you Tom really, thank you that really means a lot to me".
"So meeting her parents huh? Do you have something to wear tonight?" He ask.
"Actually no, I'm kinda flipping out about it I don't know if they will hate me or love me".
"Oh honey that's normal if they hate you it's because you've stolen their daughter away from them and if they love you it's because their accepting that you make their daughter happy and that's way better than her being fucked up, so either way it goes it doesn't really fucking matter what the hell they think". Chuckling I sign in relief relaxing into the thought of what would I do without a best friend like Tom. "So your place after school?" He ask.
Of course I need all the help I can get" I answer.