Our Last Day Free

Today was our last day being free until we had to return back to our lives that weren't so much free. "What's on your mind baby?" Spring ask as we walked down the beach in the sand. "Oh nothing baby.. just thinking about our lives back in America and how we had to hide unlike here" I explain to her. "Well.. at least when we hide we don't have to deal with the judgement from the other side" she explains to me. Smiling I couldn't have agreed more but I was still shaken up. I was used to the free life now-now that it's been going on for 3 weeks on vacation. It was calm and right to me, but I knew we had to go back it was the right thing to do. "Hold on Baby my mom is calling" picking up she answers. "Hey mom. Silence. Okay but they can't do that. Silence. What do you mean someone took a picture of us. Silence. Well do you know who the hell it was?. Silence. Okay mom calm down I promise when we get back we can sort this out, Okay I promise." My heart started beating fast as I heard the dramatic conversation she had with her mom. "Just Tell them we will be back tomorrow and then from then on we will see what happens Okay" Silence. Okay I love you, bye" Hanging up she lets go of my hand running her hands through her hair. I didn't wanna hear it, I didn't wanna know that it came down to this, the last day we spent together would be our last day together. "What's wrong?" I ask shakily anxious to know the answer. "Someone took a picture of us when we were in class having sex, the board members want to meet with us to take further action" She explains to me. Right there my heart dropped leaving me in tears. Hugging me tight just felt like the last time. "I will fix this okay, please I will fix this" She explains to me as I cried on her shoulder. "Listen to me when we go back people will look at us weird, they will say mean things and be disgusted at you, others will shame you or even death threat you but I'm telling you to keep your head held high, don't let it interfere with thoughts about what to say when you step into that room, be honest okay if anything happens after that will separate us longer then we have to be then I will take action" lookin at her in tears I still couldn't believe I was with this most amazing woman in front of me. Nodding I agree.

When we made it back into the house we explained everything and of course I was waiting on my parents to say "I told you so" but they didn't they just looked at the both of us in sadness. My dad looks at me with a warm look into his eyes before he started singing which shocked me. My dad hasn't sung in forever, and I defiantly didn't know it was going to be right now but it was and as shocked as I was a smile broke out onto my face listening to his voice.    Baby you don't have to worry about what they have to say... Just keep your head up and never look their way... And if you do don't pay it no mind... Because even the most innocent looking isn't kind... They will try to stop you in your way.... Ruin your life you have made... They will try to shame the woman you have become for fun... Leaving you in a dark place feeling numb... It is your duty to keep yourself in line... Don't waste your time because they're blind ... cause it's obvious you're in love.. and babygirl love is the strongest drug their is... so please listen to these words and don't break still... I love you and I always will.. Spring will protect you from those demons... shes always have even from our dark meanings.... I'm sorry we put you in this tough place... it wasn't meant for us to ruin your growing space.. You know where you belong and that's in her place... As soon as the song ended. I couldn't have been more proud hearing my dad sing so amazing one more time. "There's that voice one again" My mother explains to my dad before he sat back down holding her into his embrace. Wiping a tear away I look at Spring. "I have you okay, don't worry". Slowly her hand caresses my cheek leaving me in a smile.

Once we boarded the plane I couldn't have been more nervous than I already was. I was scared, anxious and nervously all at once. Spring held onto my hand interlocking our fingers before kissing my lips softly. "I'm scared" I admit to her. "Don't worry about that, when we get there we will be separated but don't forget your dad words or mines, okay" she tells me. I nod relaxing back feeling a little better knowing i has positivity on me shoulders.