One Emotional Day

Pulling out Hayley a chair she sits in it thanking me before I made my way into the one next to her. I love when my mom would cook pasta because it was always so good just like grandma's use to make it, maybe she has the recipe somewhere hidden. "Alright everyone grab the persons hand next to you and let's bow". My mom informs before I grab my dad and Hayley's hand bowing my head. "Please thank you above us for this food that we have been blessed with today, thank you for allowing me to make it home tonight to make this grand meal for my family, please protect anyone at this table from chocking on this amazing meal before us today, in a name amen". Raising my head back up and opening my eyes everyone begins to dig in. "So before you two say anything we know she's your teacher" My mom says . I could've sworn my eyes bulged out of my head. "How I mean ho- Stopping me she says "Don't ask how I just know but what is a teacher like you doing with a daughter like mines?" She ask Hayley. I was beyond shocked to how my mom knew and how she was so calm about the situation because anyone would freak out at this point. Clearing her throat and swallowing her food she cleans off her lips "Well your daughter is an amazing girl and before we got together I was really dreading trying to make this work, but now that I'm in it and I can't seam to let her go" She explains to my mom. My eyebrows took ahold high on my face before my mom said "Are you trying to use my daughter?". "No mam of course not".
"Do you love my daughter?"
"Yes I love her with everything I have".
"What do you love about my daughter?" My mom questions right off back to back. Surprisingly Hayley had a come back for each question my mom threw at her. "To be honest.. when we met she was closed off on me.. but as we progressed on, her true colors started to show.. she's really pretty funny, one day in class she drew this most amazing picture of me.. I never knew she could draw.. before that she told me she could sing... and what surprised me the most was she was this amazing cook explaining about her grandparents.. I'm still learning and I'm sure theirs a lot I have to learn but I'm willing to wait on her complete book because her being a mystery just.. makes me love her even more everyday.. theirs just no one else I would rather be with.. and before you say anything about the age difference.. it's easy to just forget when I'm around her.. she's such a mature woman in my eyes even if she still has some growing up to do.." Her eyes met mines with tears as they fell down her cheeks. Wiping them away I couldn't keep the smile off my face. My mom and dad was in clear tears also realizing what she just said. "Spring hasn't sung since her grandparents died and that was 6 years ago.. Her voice was absolutely beautiful when we first heard it.. I can't believe she told you that.." My mother explains to Hayley. I knew that this would break both of parents I didn't know she was going to say that, but I'm glad she did. after my grandparents both died I stopped singing, I thought their was no meaning to singing because I use to sing all the time for them before they both went to bed. It use to always calm me knowing that the smiles on their faces was brought upon because of me. "Spring, you know how we use to wake grandma up for bed with that amazing voice of yours, singing through the house it use to always bring us joy" My dad begins to explain this past memory. I nod "Very well". My mother sighs wiping her face "Oh gosh this dinner is such an emotional roller coaster today" She chuckles through her tears. "I'm sorry I totally did not mean to make y'all cry I didn't know it was 6 years.. wow". I take a glance at Hayley, "I promised one day I would sing for you and plus we have a piano in the family studio". Her eyebrows go up instantly "Oh gosh.. I'm nervous now". Chuckling I say "I'm probably rusty while your oiled down". Giggling she says "I am not oily I haven't played the piano for a couple of years myself" she explains. "Piano, such a talented gift, care to share the story behind it?" My mom questions Hayley. Hayley takes a big sigh before explaining "When I was just 15 I use to always play the piano every morning from being self taught, one day my father walked in and right off the back he started singing behind me as I played made up notes.. and from then on I played piano as if it was apart of me because my father was so happy hearing it.. one day he collapsed before me.... and for 2 years he laid up in a coma.. I sat beside him and went to see him every morning.. until one day he woke up and I was playing the piano and he just walked past me like it never existed.. So I stopped playing, I even asked my mom what was wrong with him and she told me that he probably would suffer from long term loss of memory, from then on I never played again" she tells. A tear fell down her cheek slowly wiping it away I say "We will play today and I will sing for you and when the time comes to see your family you will play.. not for him but for you and your family... so they can hear that beautiful memory again.
"Where did my daughter go?" My mom questions before I chuckle "No where".
"I'll tell you where all grown up now, that's for sure" my dad says. "At first I was going to pressure your girlfriend here but I was wrong.. clearly you love her and I haven't seen you so in love much less grown up". "Yeah my sister used to be a real asshole a month ago..". My brother says. "Language Jared!" My mom scowls. Laughing I couldn't believe the words everyone was saying right now, have I really changed? "Well let's finish eating I would love to see this performance" my mom says.