Chapter 28: Fading Away

Hikari and the others walked up the sandy path, past the island houses. The others led the way and I followed them.

The people here must already be inside for dinner.

The sun was starting to get low in the evening sky. We all have been talking for quite awhile. We traveled up the hill and turned to the left. On a small bluff was Sora's house. There was a lamp post at the end of the fence. Bushes lined the side of the white house. Orange shingles topped the roof. 

I turned back around and looked down to the shore. "Wow Sora, your house has a perfect view from up here." I said as I looked to the sea. 

Hato stepped up next to me. "Yeah, you can still see Destiny Island from here." She spoke.

"It's so beautiful, I would never get used to seeing this everyday." Hoshi joined in.

"I love my home, though, I was gone for a long time." Sora put his arms around Kairi and Riku.

"I missed it too. When we were younger, all we wanted was to get away so badly and explore the worlds. But, then we felt how much we really did care for it." Riku admired the sight.

"We all got separated, and bad things happened. We realized that outside of our world, things are dangerous. And in the end, we just all wanted to come back home." Kairi admitted. 

"Yeah..." Lea added. 

"I feel the same way." Aqua responded.

In a way, this reminded me of home. The beach, the ocean. Watching the water down below with my friends.  Waiting for the stars to come out. But yet, it's nothing like my home. What it means, to me. The sand dunes, the silver trees, the star pools, and the beach glass. The... Red pineapple smoothies. Sand Dune City, the fields, the orchards, and the forest. Nothing compares to home. 

"I think we all do." I answered.

All of us are away from home. All of us are missing friends...

Sora patted their backs. "Well, lets go get dinner!" He smiled and rushed to go inside.

We turned around and watched him run to the door. "Hold on Sora! You don't always have to be in a hurry." Hato laughed. 

"Yeah, we were enjoying the moment." Lea put his hand on his hip.

He stopped before he went in and faced us. "We all have to stop thinking in the past, and look to our future." He paused, then gave a grin.

He ran inside. There was some head shaking, but then everyone laughed a little. We walked towards the door. 

"Sora you're so random sometimes." Hoshi admitted.

"You'll get used to it." Riku joked.

We all went inside and I introduced myself to Sora's mother. She was very sweet and said we could all stay here. But there wasn't enough room inside to eat dinner or a place to sleep, so we would have to camp outside.  

Aqua, Kairi, and Hato were inside cooking dinner. The rest of us were outside setting up a camp fire. Hoshi and I found some nearby rocks that we pushed over to form as seats for all of us. Sora and Riku collected dead wood and tree branches in a grove close to the house. After the wood was placed in the stone ring Lea had made, he summoned his Keyblade and set is ablaze. At first there was a massive burst as it erupted, causing the rest of us to duck for cover behind the rocks. But then the flames settled down.

Lea burst out into laughter as we all slowly rose back up from hiding. Riku and Hoshi glared. Sora just looked surprised. 

"A little much, Lea?" Hoshi scolded.