Her - Kakashi

Kakashi could hear shouting and noise, but it was coming from far away.  He was finally not cold anymore.  And nothing hurt anymore. 

What a wasted life. 

He was about to actually die this time, and he had nothing to show for it.  Maybe he saved that little girl, but he wouldn't know.  Maybe he could finally be with Rin and Obito.  He sat in his own conscious, waiting to transcend to whatever was next.  But his arms were starting to sting.  And his chest.  He hoped it wouldn't be like this forever.  He could feel himself floating to the surface again momentarily, to a room that was dimly lit by a fire.  And there was a figure frantically working over his body, shouting his name. 

A woman. 

How did she know his name?  His body was starting to burn more furiously, but there wasn't much he could do.  He couldn't move.  He used his Kamui during the evening's events.  Now, he could feel his body shaking uncontrollably.  He wanted to make the burning sensation stop.  He wanted to scream out in agony, but he could force only a small, inhuman sound from his mouth.  He willed his eyes open again, but only for another moment. 

The woman looked familiar.  She had long pink hair and smelled like cherry blossoms. 

"M-M-Mi?"

"It's me, Kakashi.  I'm going to do everything I can to get you through tonight."

Mizuka.

He must already be dead, because what were the odds that he would end up in Mizuka's care?  He let his body relax.  The distraction of Mizuka made the burning sensation bearable.  It seemed like an eternity, waiting for her to speak again.  He could feel her moving his body, and covering him with blankets.  Something trickling down his throat, making him gag. Finally, he felt a soft, warm body against his, his head laying on a shoulder.  Her body.  Her shoulder.  Her sweet voice telling him to stay with her.  Telling him stories.  Telling him to hang on and how much she needed him. 

Until he finally fell asleep.  Into a peaceful sleep.  Filled with dreams of her.