Everything I Need - Kakashi

It was their seventh day in Tenchi; their last day there. Normally, Kakashi would be trying to soak in every minute with his wife, unsure of when his next visit would be, but, tonight, there was an odd calm.

"This will probably be the last time you'll have t come visit me in Tenchi"

"Do you think you'll be coming to Konoha that soon?"

"I imagine as soon as I wrap up a few things here, I'll be coming there."

In the morning, Kakashi, Naruto, and Ino would be returning to the Hidden Leaf. The others were presumably asleep, at least, there were no footsteps in the house. They were laying in Mizuka's bed, sprawled out on the bed. She was still acting a little off, and Kakashi couldn't tell if it was the raw emotion of leaving her home or if he was still upset over their fight a couple of nights before. He knew that the conversation, although worked out, was still weighed heavily on his mind. He was so ashamed of the comment that came from his lips that he hadn't even tried to be intimate with her. He looked over at her, watching as she blankly stared at the ceiling.

"Darling-"

"I'm fine."

Kakashi wanted to just leave it at that, but he knew he couldn't.

"Mizuka, I know you're scared. Don't shut me out, please..."

He took her hand, kissing it and squeezing it, but it remained limp.

"What is we can't live together and make it work, Kakashi? What if what you said was right, and we can't make it in a 'real marriage'-"

"Now, stop right there."

Kakashi could tell that the gruffness in his voice surprised her. He turned toward her and gently moved her chin so her face met his.

"We aren't new lovers, and this isn't some on again, off again relationship. I am your husband, and you are my wife. This is a real of a marriage as you can get. When you move back to Konoha, we will be fine."

He kissed her gently, brushing his lips against hers gently and tenderly.

"No one knows you or loves you like I do, Z."

She snuggled into him and rested her head on his shoulder. She nuzzled her nose into the base of his neck, inhaling deeply.

As soon as we get home tomorrow, I'm going to start getting things ready for you. For us. I love you, Mizuka. You're my family, and everything I need."

"I love you too, Kakashi. More than you'll ever know."

She kissed him again as she slipped a hand under his shirt. Her hand felt soft and warm on his belly.

"Get some sleep. You have a long trip home tomorrow, and it won't be long before I join you."

Kakashi held her close and fell asleep to beautiful thoughts of their new life in Konoha.

KAKASHI AND MIZUKA'S STORY CONTINUES IN THE NEXT INSTALLMENT - THE RED STRING OF FATE!  THANKS FOR READING!