Idiot - Kakashi

Kakashi had been sitting at the dumpling shop for quite a while, even after his friends had gone home to their families. He was watching a girl from the academy at another table. Mizuka Haruno. Why was she still here? She had a family to go home to. He tried to sit and study, but his mind kept wandering.

"Hey, we're closing up!"

Kakashi grabbed his things and headed for the door. Mizuka closed her book and held it against her chest as she slowly walked toward the exit as well. She bundled her scarf around her neck and buttoned her coat up before heading outside. Kakashi opened the door for her. She quietly thanked him as she stepped out. He couldn't keep his disdain to himself.

"Hey, what are you doing out so late? I'm sure your family is looking for you."

She turned and gave him a sad smile.

"Nobody knows or cares where I am. Thanks, though."

Kakashi could feel his blood boiling from her response. An angsty statement to come from someone who still had their parents.

"Idiot. I know you have a family."

She stopped walking, slowly turning around to face him again. She was pissed.

"I haven't seen my parents in weeks, okay? They leave on extended missions and lie, telling people that I'm staying with someone. My house has no heat, and I haven't eaten in two days because I ran out of food. I was only here trying to get warm before I have to go home and freeze my ass off."

She turned and ran off, leaving Kakashi alone in front of the dumpling shop, stunned.