Goodbye - Kakashi

"I just wanted to tell you goodbye.  I'm leaving tomorrow morning."

Mizuka was tearfully speaking into the frame of the door that Kakashi refused to open.  He was sitting on the other side, tears streaming down his face.  His favorite friend was leaving.  The love of his life.  After spending years of sleepless nights up talking , and, in the past year, exploring each other's bodies, she was abandoning him.

"It won't be forever, Kakashi.  If I don't take this opportunity to study under Lady Suoh, I'll be stuck in this village setting broken arms for the rest of my life. I'll only be in Tenchi, it's not too far."

She wasn't coming back.  He knew that as well as she did.  There was no reason.  She had friends here, but she would make new ones in the Land of Herbs.  He could hear her sliding down the door, until her voice was level to his ear.

"Please, Kakashi.  Please."

He turned his head to face the door frame.  An emotionless voice came from his lips.

"I don't know why you're here.  You have never meant anything to me.  I only stayed with you because I felt bad for you.  And I only stayed because you let me fuck you.  You mean nothing to me.  It was only sex and pity."

He could hear her pounding her fists on the floor outside of his front door.  Her uncontrollable sobbing was muffled by what he assumed was her arm.  He could tell she was trying not to make a scene, but he had broken her.  Just like she had broken him.  He muffled his sobs with his hands as he waited.  After a few minutes, the sobbing faded away.  She was gone.  She left.  And he was once again alone.