Chapter 15

Burt, Kurt, Jules, and Blaine all settled around the table on Friday night after ordering a bunch of chinese take out. According to Burt it wasn't an excuse that they were all far away from home that they should skip Friday night diner. Jules happily sat down next to Burt and stole food from his plate all night while the new grandfather acted like he didn't know what was going on.

They all talked about Jules mainly. Kurt noticed that Blaine didn't relax the whole time they were having diner, eating very little off his plate and constantly biting his bottom lip in worry. Kurt could feel the waves of nerves coming from Blaine all night long and he tried to smile reassuringly at him a few time with no success at all. Blaine did relax when Burt finally walked out of the condo after they had all put Jules to bed and kissed him goodnight two times.

Blaine had disappeared into his room quickly after Burt had left. Kurt had took his time to put his pajamas on, giving himself some time to think about what he wanted to say to the other man. Kurt crossed the living room straight to Blaine's room and gently knocked.

"Blaine?" Kurt poked his head inside of the room, finding Blaine sitting with his legs crossed on his bed, his head bowed down. "I just wanted to check on you. You seemed a little tense this evening, everything's alright?"

"Yes." Blaine puffed, not looking up. Kurt closed the door behind him and after a few seconds of hesitation sat on the bed, next to Blaine. "No."

"I figured that much. Did my father say something to you?"

"He didn't have to." Blaine whined, taking the pillow next to him and hugging it against his chest. "Kurt, he hates me, of course he does. And he has all the right to. I mean I did something pretty horrible and I know it and I can't say I'm sorry enough to make it right. But I am, I really am and I really don't want your father to hate me." Blaine said, as he started to sob halfway through his rant. Kurt took the man's hand before rolling his eyes at himself and engulfing Blaine in a hug.

"He doesn't hate you, Blaine. No one hates you."

"But I-"

"I know, and you said you're sorry already. Look, he is a single father, he knows that sometimes you have to make hard decisions. I'm not saying that he isn't going to be a little mad, but he'll get over it."

"I hid his grandson from him, for several years, how could he not be mad at me? He is never going to forgive me, Kurt." Blaine said, his bottom lip shivering as new tears rolled down on his cheeks.

"Oh, Blaine. Is this why you were so nervous tonight?"

"I was just expecting him to corner me at some point or another, or to start talking right to me during dinner and it wasn't happening and it's just all building up and I'm sorry." Blaine hiccupped before reaching out for a tissue to blow his nose. Kurt smiled at Blaine and looked at him with so much fondness. He knew Blaine was still having a hard time with the lies he had created, Kurt knew that Blaine still hadn't forgive himself and seeing him struggle and fight a little bit every day to make peace with himself made Kurt proud of Blaine.

"Hey," Kurt said gently to catch Blaine's attention. He brushed with a finger the few tears that were left on his face and cupped it gently. "It's okay, you're gonna be fine. You don't have to get everything right on your first try. Hell, you don't have to get it right or perfectly at all. No one is expecting that much from you. Don't beat yourself up that much, my dad knows how difficult it must have been for you, he is a single father just like you were."

"He didn't have a choice." Blaine said before wincing and opening his mouth to apologize.

"I know," Kurt cut in before Blaine could say anything. "It's not what you meant and I got what you meant. You could have decided to talk to me, but you didn't and so you think that you chose to have a difficult life so you don't have the right to say anything about it. Well, it's stupid."