Chapter 5

"Kurt? Can I come in?" Blaine asked from behind the door. Kurt had been hiding in his office for the rest of the day and hoping that no one would come in and bother him. He had thrown himself into work to try to take his mind off everything. Everything he had seen that afternoon, everything he had felt, every little memory he thought he could cherish when they actually hurt more than anything else.

"Sure, come in." Kurt's voice was shaky at best, but if Blaine noticed it he didn't say anything and instead walked into the office after closing the door and settled in one of the chairs facing the desk.

"So, uh. Do you... can we still have that talk?" Blaine looked like he was insecure and fragile. Kurt couldn't stand it, couldn't stand to see that man looking like the image of someone innocent when he had actually cheated on whatever Sebastian was, with him.

"Yes, Blaine," Kurt was still weak from what had happened hours before. But the night had settled since then, washing a little of Kurt's insecurities. "Let's talk. Let's talk about how I know exactly what you want to tell me, how you lied to me and to him. Let's talk about that, huh?" Kurt stood up and walked behind his desk in a circle.

Blaine was white as a sheet, his hands curled up in his lap. He had tears prickling at the corners of his eyes and when he couldn't stand Kurt's eyes on him, he lowered his head.

"I..."

"No, you don't get to talk." Kurt started again."This time I'm the one doing the talking. We had sex, it was something that happened in the spur of the moment and yes, maybe I was a little forceful but you could have said no. At any time, you could have said no and I would've stopped and you know that. Instead you and I slept together, promised each other to have a nice talk about whatever it is that we need to talk about and a day later, your cute little husband shows up at work. You cheated, Blaine. You did it again, with me of all people! What the hell were you thinking?"

"No, Kurt- "

"I'm not done!" Kurt raised a finger to show Blaine that it was not his time to speak. "You cheated on me and then you made me the other man? I didn't even have a choice here, because you didn't tell me anything. Are there any other lies that I need to know about?" Kurt stopped behind his chair and gripped the edge, he was fuming and his face was red in anger.

"Can I talk, now?" Blaine asked tentatively.

"Go ahead."

"You're wrong. Not... not about the lying part but about Sebastian. He is not my husband, he is not my boyfriend. He is a friend, a very good one, but just a friend. I wouldn't have let us have sex if I had someone else. Because ... because you deserve better. "

Kurt's eyebrow shot up, unclenching his grip on the chair.

"So you and Smythe..."

"Aren't together, no."

"Oh. Good, I guess. Not that... uh." Kurt started before stopping abruptly. He felt like an idiot. He had jumped to conclusions and once again, assaulted Blaine. The situation was driving him nuts. Instead of letting an awkward silence settle Kurt blurted out the first thing he could think of.

"I saw your kid. He seems... lively?" It hurt. It hurt more than anything to talk about Blaine's life. Because that kid, no matter what, was the living proof that Blaine had a life, without him, that he had moved on. A lump formed in Kurt's throat, having this discussion was proving more difficult than he thought it would be.

"Kurt, sit down please. I need to tell you something and this isn't going to be easy, neither for you or me." Blaine said. Kurt saw Blaine's hand turning into fists after he tried to control how shaky they were. He studied the man who seemed on the verge of a panic attack and did as he was told. He sat down on the chair and waited for Blaine to be ready to say his piece. It was the least he could do after how he had blown up in his face moments ago.