Mommy Dearest(2)

*
Zahara Allen

We've only been at Tre's mom's house for four hours and she's already managed to make me wanna slit my wrist with a butter knife.

Her and all her subtle jabs and petty side comments were taking me to another place I was trying not to go so I had to leave and go for a walk.

Where I was going? I had no idea, I just needed out of that house and away from that woman.

*
Trevante Rhodes

I walked back downstairs from taking my shower and seen only my mom was in the kitchen now.

"Where's Z?"

She shrugged, "I have no idea. She just walked out while I was talking to her."

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, grabbing my keys. "I'll be back."

Getting in the car, I drove down the street to the park by the house and sure enough, Zahara was there. Getting out, I made my way over to her.

"What are you doin', Z? It's cold and startin' to get dark."

"I would rather be out here in the dark than to be around that woman."

"What happened now?"

"I can't take it anymore, Tre! I put up with every slick comment she's ever made for the past two years and didn't say anything out of respect but I almost cussed her ass out a few minutes ago. She hates me and she doesn't want us together. Remember that woman that kept trying to get with you?" I nodded. "Your mother paid her to try and break us up."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Foreal?"

She nodded, "Theres so much more she's said and done to me but to avoid conflict and because I love you, I don't say anything but I've reached my breaking point. Unless the next thing that comes out her mouth is an apology, I'm goin' off on her and neither you or her is gonna like that."

"I'll talk to her."

She rolled her eyes. "You always say that."

"I mean it this time. Now c'mon, let's go back home."

She let out a deep breath and stood up as I put my jacket over her and walked us back to the car.

When we got back to the house, Zahara went straight upstairs and I went to the kitchen.

"Did you find your little girlfriend?"

"Yeah, ma. We need to talk though."

"About?"

"All this petty stuff you're doing and sayin' to Zahara. She hasn't done anything to you, why don't you like her?"

"I just don't think she's right for you, Trevante."

"You haven't even tried to get to know her though. You think she's boujee and uptight but that's only when she's around you because you're always messin' with her. You're my mama and I love you so much but I also love Zahara alot. She's the woman I plan to be with for the rest of my life, have kids with and she's not goin' anywhere. So if you can't accept that and atleast be cordial with her then I won't be comin' around as often anymore."

My mom sighed. "Okay, you're right. I shouldn't have been so harsh, that was wrong of me."

"That doesn't sound sincere, ma."

"I really am sorry! I'll apologize, where is she?"

"Upstairs but she doesn't really wanna be bothered at the moment. You really set her off."