My First Love

*
Miyah

I had just finished putting the last of the laundry away when I heard my front door opening and closing and the loud laughs of my five year old daughter, Taylar

Going downstairs, I seen Taylar and her dad, Kofi sitting on the couch. She was a laughing mess as he tickled her.

"Well hello to you too." I spoke and they both looked at me. She jumped up and got up to hug me.

"Mommy, I missed you!"

"I missed you too, muffin." I smiled and kissed her nose. "You had a good weekend with daddy?"

"Yes!"

"I'm glad, honey but it's late. You know what that means."

"But I wanna stay up alittle longer."

"It's almost eleven at night, babydoll. Way past your bed time."

"I'll be here when you wake up, baby, don't worry."

Her face lit up. "You will?"

I raised my eyebrow at him, asking the same thing. "You will?"

"I sure will." He smiled. "Now come gimme some love."

Running into his arms, she hugged his neck. "I love you daddy. To the moon and back."

He smiled. "I love you, princess. To the moon and back. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

He kissed her forehead and she came over, hugging me. "Goodnight mama."

"Goodnight baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

I watched her go upstairs and then looked back at Kofi, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Who said you were staying til' the morning?"

"I did. Don't front like you don't want me here, girl."

I laughed. "Whatever. You hungry?"

"If the meal isn't you, then no."

"Kofi." I raised my eyebrows at him and he smiled, innocently.

"I know, my bad, my bad."

Kofi is my ex boyfriend and the father of my five year old daughter. Although we're no longer together, theres no hostility or anything between us. We ended our relationship mutually because we just were kind of doing our own things–in terms of life, career choices, etc.

Nobody cheated or did any shady shit. When Taylar was born, we agreed to raise her together and none of that extra shit which I was happy for.

Kofi is a great father and has always been here for Taylar and I when we needed him to be. He's a great person in general.