Chapter 22

But when we came back, the awful feeling in the back of my head was back when I just thought of the tape and the insults and I cried myself to sleep. The morning after that, I didn't even want to get up and I was starting to remind myself of Bella from Twilight, did I need adrenaline as a drug or what? No, it was just that high feeling and then coming back down to Earth, a drug addict probably felt a lot worse. When Pete realised that I was still feeling bad and I didn't even want to leave the bed, he freaked out and when he came into the bedroom, he was properly upset.

"Fuck, what do I need to do so you're happy again? When we met, you were such a cheery person and now? I thought you'd rise above shit like that, I thought you don't care, just like I don't either! No one should care about the fucking press." "But I'm not used to it like you are..." I whispered. He was still so mad though. "Damn! I can't believe that Benji did this, not thinking of the consequences! He didn't know what the fuck he was doing!" "What do you mean?" I asked carefully. "The tape, why did he even film it? Why did he even do it?" I sat straight in bed apruptly and locked his eyes. "Wentz, are you jealous?" I asked. He calmed down instantly. "What? Of Benji?" I licked my lips. Fuck. Why had I just asked him that? Why would he be jealous? That'd mean he liked me which he obviously didn't. Oh my, how arrogant had that question been, please? I was such a bitch. Dammit. "I'm so sorry, I take that back, it just made think ... because you were freaking out." "I'm freaking out because ... I don't know ... I hate to see youso upset." "Sorry, you sounded jealous because of that ... probably ... I take it back." "I don't know..." Suddenly, he seemed confused. He turned around and closed the door behind himself. Had I made him made now? Fuck.

After a while, I managed to get up and took a shower. Then I did my hair and put one some make-up. I got dressed and made my way downstairs. Pete was in the kitchen. "Hey, you got up" he shouted and looked a little happier than before. I sat down at the kitchen table. "Sorry about earlier." "It's fine, I was just annoyed because you're letting Benji get to you so much. You're not still into him, are you?" I shook my head eargerly. "Hell, no. I was just ... drunk, I was never really into him." "Good, he's not worth it." "Exactly." "Do you have plans today?" "No, do you?" "Well, I have Bronx today and if you don't have plans we could go to a club after Ashlee picks him up?" "No. I mean, I'd love to hang out with you and Bronx but no, no club after that." "Why not?" "It's nice that you're trying to disract me but I'm alright. I can't be bothered to go to a club or a party." "Charlie, please. I want to party but not by myself." "You've got enough friends." "Please." "Pete, no." "Come on." "No." "You'll see that nobody will hate you there and we'll just have a good time. It'll be fun! No one will dare to comment on the tape to you when you look as stunning as you did when we met." I blushed, smiling weakly. "Don't make me..." "You're giving in!" he shouted, pointing at me because he knew he had been successful. He knew me too well by now. He already knew how to read me and how to manipulate me.