Chapter 2

When I woke up, I saw my phone ring again and finally picked it up. "Yes?" I asked with my morning voice and looked around. I hadn’t dreamt but I felt a little bit better. "How is it?" Mandy asked. "From where are you calling?" I asked back because I didn't recognize the number. "I'm visiting my parents over the weekend, I told you! Remember?" "Um ... no. Sorry." "Are you alright? Am I interrupting anything? Is Michael…?“ “He cheated on me." "What?" "Yeah, he cheated and he told me." "Oh my ... sweetie, I'm so sorry! Can I do anything to help you?" "I don't think so. Please don't ask me about details, I want to forget about it." "Of course. And where are you now?" "I'm at a motel." "You want me to get you an early flight for noon?" "You don't have to." "It's the only thing I can do for you from here right now! And I'm paying too!"

Mandy had won a little moeny in the lottery and now she felt like she had to give all her loved ones presents. "You really don't need to..." "I'm doing it, no discussion! I'll text you when to get to the airport! And I'm calling up Sofia to tell her we're going out tonight." "Are we?" "Yeah, distracting you, girl!" "Alright ... thanks, Mandy. You're the best." "Later!" We hung up and I got up. I got dressed and pulled the curtains to the side, the sun was shining. Great.

After getting ready, I walked down to the lobby, paid and gave the key back. "Visit us again soon!" the old lady at the reception desk called after me but we both knew we didn't want to see eachother again after being so nice when I had checked in the night before. I sat down in a little café around the corner and had a black coffee with a piece of cake. I felt better. I lightened myself a cigarette and looked around. It was actually pretty around here now that it wasn't raining.

After an hour, Mandy texted me to get the airport in one hour. So I took a taxi to the airport and really, she had actually booked me a flight online because she had friends working for the airline I had come here with. I slept the whole flight long to be awake for tonight if Mandy actually wanted to go out with me and Sofia.

-

When I got home, Mandy was waiting there as I just got out of the taxi. She ran up to me and hugged me tightly. "Fuck, I'm so sorry about what happened!" she exclaimed and stroked my back. I unlocked the door and we went up with the lift. "I don't want to talk about it!" I said. She shook a big bag in her hand in front of my face. "I get it, this will cheer you up!" she announced as we entered my appartment.

It was clothing, she had bought clothes and later Sofia came over and we all got ready together, ready for a girl's night out at the club. I was happy that they were trying to cheer me up and I tried to not think about Michael too much, pushing him out of my head. "You know where we're going?" Mandy asked us with a happy smirk playing on her lips. Sofia and I looked at her, curiously waiting for her to answer. "Where?" we asked at the same time. "I'm getting us into Angels & Kings in Hollywood!" "But..." "I have the money, girls!" she interrupted me and walked into the lift, pulling us in by our hands. I wondered if she was joking with the girly voice just because she had money but it didn’t really matter because she was still doing something pretty amazing for us. "This will be a fucking awesome night, you'll see, you'll forget about Michael, that prick, in no time!" Mandy shouted. We were all getting excited now and I had to smile. "Yeah, girl's night!" Sofia called. We all high-fived and left the building to get a taxi that would drive us downtown.

I was wearing a black skirt that reached to the middle of my thighs, a white top with that and some really cool necklaces I had ordered on a really cool new website. Mandy had brought me a sparkly jacket that I was wearing to that and black heels. Mandy herself had a blue dress on, it looked really classy, especially with her amazing hair, teased up. Sofia wore a colorful top and really cool cut hot pants with some grey high boots. We all really loved the clothes Mandy had bought and that way we were all totally looking forward to the night, looking fabulous as we did!