Chapter 21

We stayed one more night at Julia and Lucas' house. Jason and Marcy had spoken until early hours of the morning and though the guilt Jason has been carrying for so very long on his shoulders can't just disappear in a few hours, his pain has lessened and I know that he no longer, fully, blames himself.

We left early the next morning to head back to the Garrison Pack and we've been driving for the last two and a half days, resting only when needed. I can't wait to see Kaitlyn again but I'm also apprehensive at the thought of what's to come.

"How long until we get home?" I ask softly, yawning and breaking the soft silence which had fallen over the car as night had surrounded us.

It is raining hard now, flashes of lightning and deafening blows of thunder rock the sky above us, "Not much longer, maybe half an hour. Are you feeling ok?" Jason asks gently as the window wipers swish back and forth quickly, trying to clear the heavy rainwater from the window screen.

"I'm ok. My body is aching a bit and I keep getting small tingling sensation in certain areas all over my body, but I'm feeling ok," I say truthfully.

Jason and I agreed that from now on, I tell him the truth about how my body is feeling while I'm ill and he won't block me from his feelings. I only two days left and that's pushing our luck to the extreme. It's a guideline at best, not something to be relied on. If something is happening, if something is changing, Jason needs to know too.

"Tingles?" Jason asks, his eyes leaving the road for a split second.

"I know," I mutter as I look down at my hands and sigh.

"When did they start?"

"Jason..."

"Damn it, Annie, you swore you'd tell me if something like this happened!" he snaps.

"And I'm telling you. I just... They started as soon as the moon was up," I say, giving in as I rest my head against the cool glass of the window.

"Shit. Damn it, Annie... I should have known, it's a full moon tomorrow. Fuck, it's my fault. I should've realised," he says. I look at him.

"What do you mean?" I whisper. His eyes jump to mine for a second before going back to the road. He sighs heavily, "It's going to happen tomorrow night, Annie. When the full moon forces your body to choose between human and Werewolf..." he answers.

"You mean when I die," I ask gently.

"You aren't going to die. We're nearly at the Pack. Once there, you can talk to Kaitlyn, like planned, and then early tomorrow morning, we'll blood bond. It's going to be ok. I promise you, Annie. I won't let you die," he says strongly and with such confidence that I nod, unable to do anything but believe him wholeheartedly.

"Ok. Ok," I repeat, willing my heartbeat to slowdown. Jason throws his phone suddenly onto my lap and I look up at him for explanation.

"I need you to call Zack," he says.

"Why?"

He looks me over quickly and then away, "Because we need help. We're being followed by a black SUV and they're not pulling back the way they should," Jason mutters. I go to turn around but his hand grips my arm and holds me back,

"Don't look, Annie. They'll see you if they're rouges," he mutters as he lets go and puts both hands back on the wheel.

The weather is so bad, it's dangerous, even for a Werewolf and that's saying something. Picking up his mobile, I find Zack's number and call quickly, my heartbeat quickening once more to the closing danger of our situation.