Chapter 1: I AM

***************

CHAPTER 1: I AM

***************

"I'm sorry, I can't go this weekend. We have practice."

Chaeyeon told Sakura while tidying up her shoes. She got up and saw the looks on Sakura's face.

"...I'm so sorry. But the tournament is getting nearer..."

Sakura shook her head.

"No, it's okay. I just want to make sure that the tournament is your main focus. Don't slack around during the practice! You cost me a date you've promised since like, a year ago," Sakura replied by pouting her mouth. Chaeyeon laughed.

"Of course. I'll bring along the champion trophy to our next date."

Sakura laughed. Chaeyeon waved her hand and ran to the softball field.

Even though Sakura is really supportive about Chaeyeon, she can't deny that sometimes she just wished that Chaeyeon is not the best athlete for their school. The times Chaeyeon put into her practices and matches really cost both of them their time together. And she has mixed feeling about that, because being good at softball was what makes Chaeyeon got into the school in the first place.

Both of them finally being accepted in one of the most prestigious high school in the region was like a dream came true. Sakura might not be the brightest girl, but she's above average since the beginning. With enough hardwork, she can get accepted into any high school that she wishes. Chaeyeon, on the contrary, have a struggle with hard subjects like science and math, things that Sakura is best at. And Sakura, being sucks at sport, could really get a help from Chaeyeon, if only the knowledge of being good at sport can be transferred!

Their friends often teased them about their situation. 'The Yin Yang Couple', they said. Chaeyeon, being an active girl, likes outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, camping. Sakura, on the other hand, prefers indoor activities. Well, precisely, spending her time on her gaming rig. But after they're being together, Sakura also spent quite times outdoor. And to be honest, she quite liked it. But that's because Chaeyeon was on her side. She couldn't understand why people risking breaking their bones on hiking while they can breaks their bones, many times, or dies and then get respawned, all while sitting on a nice soft gaming chair like hers, the one she called 'The Throne'.

But being good at sports, especially at the top, has its own merits. Chaeyeon, the MVP of Regional Junior High Softball Tournament, got into OTR High School via athlete scholarship. And Sakura, seeing the result that she got accepted, couldn't be more happy because they can still be on the same school, which means they'll still have a lot of time together for the next three years.

But the fact is, even though they're in second semester in second year now, they never had a date again since junior high. Not even once. Being a super rookie, Chaeyeon became the ace of the softball club. They failed to get the champion title last year, but they're so close all thanks to Chaeyeon and they aim to get it this year, with an even more intense training under a new coach.

Bring a trophy to our next date? That means, no date until the tournament ends, right? And it will be like, another semester or so. Sakura sighed and picked up her bag. She's about leaving the practice field when she saw a single person sitting in a spectator bench. Isn't that the new transfer girl, Kang Hyewon?

She's about leaving fast but their eyes met so Sakura had no choice but to greet her.

"Hi, Hyewon. What are you doing?"

Hyewon staring at Sakura for about 5 seconds until she changed her glance to her smartphone that she's holding. Looks like Hyewon is watching something on her phone, her earphone was connected to the phone.