Chapter 7: Colors

********************

CHAPTER 7: COLORS

********************

Chaeyeon took a deep breath. She rotated her arm, moving her bat in a circular moves. The pitcher made a ready stance to throw the ball. Chaeyeon gripped her bat tightly. Her eyes judged the movement of the pitcher and then to the ball. It's a fast ball.

Chaeyeon swung her bat fast. The ball's much slower than she thought. She missed it.

"STRIKE!"

The umpire made a signal with his hand. Chaeyeon rubbed her arms that were sleeveless. It's a cold day today, the day of friendly match with JYP High. A cold day. Just like that day.

Chaeyeon brought her text books that day, just like the usual study ritual day. The books were never opened that day, but who could blame her? When she arrived there, everyone's busy talking. Even Yujin hasn't opened her book yet.

"Everyone done with their orders? I'll give it to the waiter." Yuri wrote down the girl's orders on the order pad.

"Don't forget my Spaghetti Bolognese. I'm really hungry." Sakura talked to Yuri and then turned her head to Yena.

"Where's Hyewon?"

"She won't come. She told me she doesn't feeling well today." Yena replied.

"She didn't get injury from that basketball match right?" Sakura asked. Her eyes then shifted to Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon moved a little from her chair. She repeatedly tapped the table with her finger. Sakura couldn't help but notice her unusual behaviour.

"Maybe she's exhausted after using kaiooken to fight Chaeyeon." Yena joked while tapping Chaeyeon's shoulder.

"What's kaiooken?" Yujin asked.

"Kid wouldn't know. Go back to watching Anpanman."

Yujin sent a glaring look to Yena.

"It's a special technique used by Goku in Dragon Ball." Sakura laughed as she explained it to Yujin.

"You watched Dragon Ball?" asked Yujin.

"No, but I've tried the fighting game in PS4."

Sakura turned her head to Chaeyeon.

"By the way, you didn't really explain to us in the ramen shop about your match with Hyewon."

"Ah, yeah! You said you're gonna tell us next time. Well, there's no better next time than today." Yena also commented.

Yeah. There's no better next time than today.

Chaeyeon took a deep breath.

"...Guys, I have something to tell you."

The pitcher got the ball. Chaeyeon moved her bat in circular moves. She bent her knees a little and made a strong grip on her bat. The pitcher made a stance, ready to throw the ball. The pitcher's a tough opponent, but it's not an excuse to be lose to her.

The pitcher threw the ball.

Chaeyeon swung her bat.

"STRIKE!"

Chaeyeon missed. Again.

The umpire made a signal with his hand.

Chaeyeon took a glance to the bench. She could see the expression on her team mates. Those expressions of disbelief. The same that her friends showed her when she told them the truth.