Chapter 3: 1000%

******************

CHAPTER 3: 1000%

******************

"'Kay, girls! Let's take a break!" Coach Youngjoon raised his hands up and made a number 10 to signaled the softball team members they had 10 minutes break.

Chaeyeon wiped her sweat off her forehead and walked slowly toward the bench. She could saw her drink bottle next to Eunbi, the softball club's manager. There's another person sitting in the bench, talking with Eunbi. Isn't that Hyewon?

Eunbi saw Chaeyeon approaching her. She took Chaeyeon's bottle and passed it to her when she's near.

"Nice catch." Hyewon that's sitting beside Eunbi commented.

"Thanks." Chaeyeon smiled to Hyewon before she twisted the cap of her bottle and drank from it.

"You should see her when she catch the ball." Eunbi jerked her head toward Chaeyeon.

"I'm pretty sure she's amazing. Otherwise she wouldn't get an offer to join national athlete camp."

Chaeyeon stopped drinking from the bottle. She made an eye contact with Eunbi, making sure whether Eunbi was the one telling Hyewon about the info. She could see that Eunbi just as surprised as she was.

"Who told you that?" Eunbi asked Hyewon.

"I have friend." Hyewon answered shortly. She stared at Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon took a short pause before answering.

"Yeah, that's true. But I hope you don't tell it to anybody. Right now only coach Youngjoon and Eunbi that knows about this. Even the rest of the team don't."

"Why not telling them? Or the rest of the school?" Hyewon asked.

"I don't want to disturb the harmony of the team. We need the team to be 1000% focused on the tournament."

"I didn't get that info from you, so I can't promise."

"Please, Hyewon. We have to give our all this year." Eunbi tried to convince Hyewon.

Hyewon kept silent for seconds. Her eyes gazed at the blue sky.

"You'll leave this school and continue your education in the national camp. Don't you think you're being a little selfish here? At least you should tell your friends who really care for you. Or is it because you don't trust them?"

Chaeyeon tried to say something but couldn't find any word.

It's not that Chaeyeon didn't trust her friends. She really knows that her presence really means a lot to her friends, especially Her. Sakura. The truth is, Sakura is the only thing that kept her from telling the news to her friends. She knows their relationship will go awry if she tell that to Sakura. Leaving the school and even her home for God knows until when? How could she tell that to Sakura? What would become of their relationship?

Chaeyeon couldn't even imagine what will happen if the word "break up" leaving Sakura's mouth. She loves Sakura so much. She's bad at expressing it, she knows that, but doesn't mean her feeling for Sakura isn't true. She understands that she couldn't give Sakura her time recently, yet Sakura still wholeheartedly supporting her. If Sakura wants to break up with her, she'll be broken for sure. She knows that she's being selfish right now, but being a national athlete is like a dream comes true. It's once in a lifetime opportunity. Of course it's a big decision for a girl at such age. She have to make a decision about her path of career and life right now. Whether to make softball as her life or not.