Chapter 11: We Together

****************************

CHAPTER 11: WE TOGETHER

****************************

Sakura tried to calm her nervousness. She has come this far. She only need to ask one of the store employee, right? Or is it better if she wait until the shop closes? She just stood in front of the small store, not knowing what to do. After just stood there for a minute, she exhaled through her mouth and then entered the small store.

"Welcome!" A greeting came from a girl behind the counter.

Sakura smiled and nodded. She's supposed to ask the clerk directly but instead she went to the display stand to look at the products sold there. The small store sold vegetables and some kinds of pickled and dried fruits. It's a very small store, the only employee she could find was the girl that stood behind the counter. Was it her?

Sakura exhaled through her mouth again. She picked some bags of pickled fruit and went to the counter.

Her mind went to a brief moment after Yena told her and the gang the story about Hyewon's past. Three days ago.

A waiter came to the table where Sakura and the girls sat in. He brought a glass of iced honey jasmine tea and handed it to Yena. Yena thanked him, and after she sipped her drink she continued her talk,

"...After her divorce, Hyewon's mother getting a hardship to support her family. Thanks to the information from Sakura, we knew that her mom got a support from her relatives to start a business in our city. She built a modeling agency based on her previous experience as a model. Hyewon also moved here to help with her mother's business."

Sakura nodded.

"I asked May, the owner of the beauty salon where Hyewon brought me. May is a distant cousin of Hyewon's mother. She started in a modeling world at a very young age but she have more interest in beauty care business. She successfully run a beauty salon and she helped Hyewon's mother's business a lot." She added.

"...But I never thought that a girl with such fashionable and pretty looks can have such a dark past..." Nako sighed while stirring her chocomint ice cream that's half melted.

"Poor Hyewon... If only she's here with us... I really want to hug her right now...OUCH-" Yuri sent a glaring look to Yena that deliberately stepped on her foot.

"...and KISS HER!" she half shouted to the pony tailed girl that's now sipping her drink. Yena pretended she didn't hear anything. She continued her talk after she finished with her drink.

"Now let's construct the timeline of all the things that happened after she moved to our school. She joined our rituals, she asked Sakura about things going on between her and Chaeyeon, she confronted Chaeyeon in her training, they had a basketball showdown, then the kissing incident."

Sakura could feel her cheeks blushing when Yena mentioned about the kissing incident, but she's glad everyone's attention was on Yena right now.

"Now, let's combine it with the additional information that we've got. Hyewon had an info about Chaeyeon's offer to joining national camp. Where she got that info isn't clear, but it's safe to assume she still have a link with big persons from softball world, knowing her relationship with softball. Besides, according to Eunbi, Hyewon still involved herself with the news from softball world. She often came to the club's practice, just watching the club's play."

"But she didn't join the softball club, right? Why?" Yujin asked a question.

"She stopped playing softball since her parents' divorce. I think maybe playing softball triggered her bad memories? We knew from Sakura she has that kind of photographic memory. There's also a rumor that she smacked her father with a softball bat, but I can't confirm whether it's true or not."