Chapter 2: Rumor

****************

CHAPTER 2: RUMOR

****************

"Wait, so she's flirting with you?"

Yuri's eyes widened as she asked Sakura. Sakura that sit across her took a sip from her coffee latte.

"Well, I wouldn't say she's flirting." She replied.

Yuri exchanged look with Yena who sit beside her.

"I'll say she's flirting with you." Yena commented while dipping her fries to the sauce.

"I told you. She said I'm lame and ugly."

Yena quickly put the fries into her mouth and made a swiping gesture with her finger like a metronome.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. That's called Bad Boy's Jerk Moves, young lady. That's one strong technique to toy with anyone's feeling. Give compliment to raise your heart, and then add little insult to pull it down. And then raise it again. And pull it down. That way yo frajiye liccle hearp canm take ip..."

"Don't speak with your mouth full. That's disgusting." Yuri made a gesture to cue Yena to wipe her corner of the lip that full of sauce. She rotated her body back to Sakura.

"You heard the expert."

"I don't think she tried to toy with my feeling or anything. You guys know how she behaves in class. She looks like emotionless. She's just wei.... eccentric. That's all."

"You don't know the story, do you?" Yuri gave a serious look to Sakura.

"What story?"

"A little backstory to our eccentric friend. Go tell her." Yuri cued Yena by jerking her head over her shoulder.

"C'mon guys, I don't have any interest in baseless rumor."

"It's not just rumor. I got it from Chaewon. She's from AKS Junior High, right? Hyewon was also from that school. And she continued in AKS Senior High before transferred to our school. And what I'm about to tell you is the fact that everyone from AKS knows!" Yena narrowed her voice down.

AKS school? That elite private school? That tells something about Hyewon. Now Sakura couldn't help but paying attention.

"...Guys, Guys... You're gossiping right now, you know that, right?" Yujin that sit beside Sakura lifted her head away from the homework pieces that she's doing.

"Shut up, Kid. This is adult talk. Back to doing your homework." Yena mocked Yujin, who's the youngest of the girls. She's in the same grade with them because Yujin's on acceleration class, being a smart girl she was.

"I'm doing YOUR homework." Yujin sent a glaring look. Yena ignored her and continued the talk.

"You know how elite AKS is. The students even wear a uniform from satin or something. Why would she moved from AKS to our school? It's on the same city, it's elite, and from academic point of view also not below us. Why?"

Sakura raised her shoulder.

"Maybe her parents want to save money."

Sakura always thinks that the only different between OTR High and AKS High is the satin uniform.

"Naah... So, this girl Hyewon is not as innocent as she looks. If you ask anyone from AKS, no one has never heard of her. Yeah... she's THAT legendary."

"I still think that she's not the number one pretty. I doubt she's the prettiest in AKS. The school's full of glam chics." Yuri commented.

"Yeah, sure. I saw you took her picture in secret a week ago. Do you think I wouldn't know." Yena sneered at Yuri. Yuri's face turned to red.