Epilogue: Pick Me!

********************

EPILOGUE: PICK ME!

********************

Yena held her phone away from her face. She sat on a stone staircase in a park, along with Yuri, Yujin and Nako. On the other side of the call was Chaeyeon, her face was projected on the screen on Yena's phone, for they were doing a video call right at the moment.

"We usually have to get up earlier, but it's Sunday today, you know." Chaeyeon's voice echoed through Yena's phone speaker.

"Hyewon said it will be worth it. I'm not so sure, though. Is there any food delicious enough that it's better than sleeping till noon on holiday? It's just too early..." Yena grumbled. Chaeyeon laughed.

"If Hyewon said so, then trust it. Besides, isn't it good to have some times with the gang at earlier time than the usual ritual."

"We already have, Chaeyeon. It's called SCHOOL."

Chaeyeon laughed again.

"Wait, Chaeyeon. You're in your own room, right? It looks different than the last time you showed us." Yuri that sat on the upper part of the stone staircase leaned her body forward to take a better glimpse at Yena's phone screen.

"Yeah. We finally moved to the new dorm. And the new dorm is really exquisite. Like, I don't even know whether it's a dorm or just actually a hotel. And there's Starbucks here also, you know."

Yujin and Nako exchanged looks.

"Okay, I think we've just heard a trail of the embezzlement of fund in Ministry of Sport that made the recent headlines." Yujin whispered to Nako.

Suddenly a figure of a tall girl appeared in the background of Chaeyeon's stream.

"Is that... Lee Kaeun??" Yena recognized the tall girl behind Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon looked behind her and nodded.

"Yeah. Have I never mentioned that? Well, to summon her here is a no-brainer of course."

The tall girl noticed that she's got captured in the video and so distanced herself. She spoke something to Chaeyeon but it's not too clear about what she was saying.

"Ah, breakfast time. I'll end the call then, guys. See ya later." Right before Chaeyeon ended the call, a distant voice vaguely could be heard, "You'll miss the bacon if you don't hurry, Babe."

The girls look at each other after Yena put down her phone.

"Did Kaeun just call Chaeyeon, 'Babe'?" Yujin scratched her temple.

"Let's pretend we didn't hear anything." Nako said in a firm tone.

The girls nodded simultaneously.

"And where is Sakura and Hyewon?? Why are they late??" Yena crossed her arms.

"Speak for yourself." Yuri sneered at her.

Sakura appeared five minutes later, together with Hyewon.

"I thought you're the one who said we have to go early or else the shop will run out of the beef soup." Yena said to Hyewon with her eyes narrowed.

Hyewon with both hands on her coat pocket jerked her head toward Sakura.

"Blame Sakura."

Sakura grinned and after she shouldered her bag she clapped her hands in front of her face.