Chapter 8: You're In Love, Aren't You?

*****************************************

CHAPTER 8: YOU'RE IN LOVE, AREN'T YOU?

*****************************************

Hyewon held her phone close to her ear. She frowned her eyebrows when a familiar voice picked up her call.

"Hey, hey! You're in Chaeyeon's voicemail. Leave a message after I pop my bubblegum. POP!"

Hyewon terminated her call without leaving a message. She opened her LINE app and saw the last message she sent to Chaeyeon.

I'm waiting in front of the Takotako shop in Arirang avenue. I've sent the location point.

Still unread.

Hyewon took a glance on the watch on her phone display. Sakura could be here in any minute now. Where are you Chaeyeon?

Chaeyeon didn't give affirmative response whether she would come when Hyewon invited her. Surely, Hyewon didn't exactly told her that Sakura would be there as well, because she couldn't predict whether telling her would make things worse or not. But Chaeyeon has no reason to decline her invitation, right? She'd need a break after a match with JYP High. Knowing JYP level, it must be an intense match. Even if it's just a friendly match.

Hyewon lost in her thought and after a while she browsed the name 'Kwon Eunbi' on her phone and dialed it right away after she found it.

"Yes, Hyewon? What is it?" a familiar soft voice answered her call.

"Hey, Eunbi? Do you know where Chaeyeon is?"

"Chaeyeon? ...What is it with her?"

"She... she promised to meet me at 8 pm, after the softball match. She hasn't showed up yet." Of course it's a lie. Chaeyeon didn't promise her anything.

"...Well... The thing is," There's a slight hesitation before Eunbi replied,

"We lost the match against JYP. Well, it's JYP of course... but we lost big and Chaeyeon underperformed... It's a bad news for a team who aim for the champion title this year..."

"...Oh."

"...I think it really hit her hard... Coach Youngjoon asked her to get a lot of rest. He said maybe the stress from the training really burdened her a lot. But knowing Chaeyeon, I think she'll opt for another training session..."

This is bad.

"...I see. I'm sorry to hear that."

"...Don't be. Actually it's a good way to measure our preparation both physically and mentally before the tournament begins. She promised to meet you, right? I'm sure she will come."

"...Yeah. Thanks Eunbi. See ya later."

Hyewon closed the call.

Now what?

A sudden light tap on her shoulder gave Hyewon a little surprise. She turned her body to face the person who gave her the tap. Of course she was expecting Sakura, but not Sakura she's seeing right now.

"Sa-sakura..." Hyewon's eyes widened in surprise and awe.

Sakura wore a pink blouse with a short sleeve and khaki pants, a ribbon tie decorated her neck. She made a ponytail on her short hair and decorated it with a hair bow just like when she just got a haircut from May. But what surprised Hyewon the most perhaps because Sakura didn't wear her eyeglasses. A nice touch from an eyeliner made her beautiful eyes even looked bigger.