Chapter 12: As We Dream

**************************

CHAPTER 12: AS WE DREAM

**************************

Chaeyeon wiped her sweat from the practice off her forehead. She took her hat off and then came to the bench to get her water bottle. She sat beside Hyewon as she sipped from her bottle. Both the girls watched the softball team's members practicing in the field from the bench.

"Who's your next opponent again?" Hyewon asked Chaeyeon.

"Cube High. They're tough, as expected from the team that already on this stage. But I think you already know about their power."

Hyewon nodded.

"I knew about one of the player on their team. Watch out for the girl named Yuqi. She's a super rookie that's being scouted by the National Camp right now. I knew her since my time in Southern League."

"Aah... I've heard about her. Never had the chance to saw her performance tho'. When we fought Cube last year she still wasn't on the team."

Hyewon turned her head to Chaeyeon and grinned.

"But the yesterday's match was really intense! It's a narrow margin."

Chaeyeon grinned.

"Yeah, so glad finally we can take back revenge on JYP after they butchered us on the friendly match! But wait-,"

Chaeyeon raised her eyebrows,

"...You watched the game?"

Hyewon nodded.

"Then why didn't you join us after the game? The gang had a ramen party to celebrate our win, you know. We even went to the karaoke place after that!"

Hyewon smiled.

"I know."

"I didn't see you in the spectator bench with the gang, you even sat in a separate place?"

"...Yeah."

"...Seriously. What's wrong with you. You know that our agreement only limited to the study ritual, right?"

Hyewon laughed.

"Yeah, I know. It's not about that, tho'.

"Then why?"

Hyewon smiled then shifted her gaze to the training softball team's members.

"I just want to know if I can finally enjoy softball match myself."

"Oh..."

"...I couldn't watch a softball match before. Not after the things with my father. I could stand watching a practice, but a match... The intense feeling of the match gave it back. All the vivid feelings of standing in the middle of the field, doing all of that myself. The rushing adrenaline, the hope for your team mate to overturn the situation, the hope that you carry on your back to overturn the situation..."

Chaeyeon smiled.

"I guess it's the same for everyone, then."

"...but somehow the adrenaline rush also brought back the bad memories when I hit my father. Maybe because my subconsciousness tried to reject anything related with my father..."

Chaeyeon lowered her stare.

"They've told me everything... I'm sorry about your past."

Hyewon shook her head slowly.

"When I saw the match yesterday... That's a feeling I haven't experience in a long time. That I can finally enjoy thing that I really like."

"The bad memories didn't come?"