Chapter 10: Memory

**********************

CHAPTER 10: MEMORY

**********************

It was a day with a nice weather. The air was still warm even though the crimson color already began to paint the twilight sky before sunset. A girl in her school uniform could be seen pedaling her bicycle fast on a road alongside river. Her shoulder-length short hair blowing in the wind and as soon as she heard a bell ringing behind her, she let out a big laugh.

"KANCHAAAN!! WAAAIT...!!" Another school girl on a pink bike behind the short haired girl shouted. Her long hair that's tied into a twintail also blowing madly in the wind as she tried with all her might to pass the former girl.

The short haired girl turned her head to the girl that's now beside her and grinned,

"...THE ONE WHO ARRIVES LAST WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE SNACKS, MINAMI!" she shouted and then inclined her body forward to make the bike go faster.

"...WA-WAIT, WE DIDN'T HAVE AGREE- KANCHAAAAN!!!"

Both the girls parked their bikes beside the river, on the same spot they usually spent to enjoy a sunset. The short haired girl took a bag of chips from a plastic bag containing foods and drinks that they bought from a convenient store just earlier. She handed it to the shorter, other girl.

"You bought a little too much, Minami. Thank God I still had enough money."

The short girl with the twintail hair puckered up her mouth.

"...I told you I'll pay my own snacks..."

"No way. I lost, so I had to pay. I always keep my word."

"But you're slowing down... There's no way I could win if you weren't slowing down..."

The short haired girl laughed and played with the other girl's hair.

"You're asking me to slow down. I'd do anything you asked me to, Minami."

The twintail girl puckered her mouth then opened her bag of chips. The short haired girl smiled seeing the younger girl's moving cheeks as the latter chomped her chips, before she opened her own bag of chips.

There's nothing more relaxing to Kang Hyewon, a third grader student from AKS of Southern Region Junior High School, than a moment like this. Spending time eating her snacks and watching the crimson sky's reflection on the surface of the river, together with her girlfriend Minami.

Satou Minami, a second grader student, was Hyewon's junior. They've been dating for almost a year, and doing this ritual after cram school every time they had a chance.

"You didn't come to cram school, did you Kanchan? I didn't see you in your class. Where have you been then?" Minami asked Hyewon while pouring the left over chips from the bag into her mouth.

"Spent my time in music studio. Just jamming alone."

"...Is that okay?"

"I quit the cram school, Minami."

Minami turned her head to Hyewon with surprised expression.

"...But, Kanchan... Why?"

"You know why. I'm gonna be a musician."

Hyewon took a bottle of calpis and twisted it cap.

"I don't need excellent grades. Cram school has no use for me. I can't ask for another money to my mom, so I'll use the cram school allowance to pay for my jamming session." She continued her talk before she drank her calpis.