The Call

Rose drove Cerberus back to his apartment. When she saw Cerberus enter the building she grabbed her phone and called Piggy.

She got his voicemail.

"Piggy, I need you to call me back as soon as possible and stop turning off your phone, people need you."

She sighed and called Jade, knowing she'd definitely pick up her phone.

"Hey Jade."

"Hey Rose, what's up?"

"I need a favour from you, can I come over?"

"Of course, always."

"Alright, be there in a few."

Rose turned on the music in the car and drove off. She arrived at Jade's apartment and parked her car while singing.

She quickly checked her make up in the mirror of her car before getting out and walking towards the building. She buzzed up to her apartment while humming a song.

She entered and walked up the stairs. She finally reached Jade's apartment and couldn't even attempt to knock as the door already opened. Walking in cautiously before being greeted by a much healthier looking Jade.

"Jade!"

"Rose."

Jade smiled and stood up. Rose took a moment to look at Jade before rambling on about how good she looked.

"Thank ya, I've been takin' better care of myself."

"Yeah, I can tell. I'm so glad you're doing better."

"Sit down, ya wanna drink somethin'?"

"No, thanks."

Rose sat down and so did Jade.

"Well, what do ya need?"

"I need you to change government files."

"A little more specific, please."

"A birth certificate."

"Oh gee, depends on who's."

"Piggy..?"

"Hmm, why?"

"His last name needs to be changed and kind of his whole relation to Cerberus so he can become his legal guardian."

"Ah, why not just make him the legal guardian without a name change? It's very difficult to temper with birth certificates."

"Hmm, I guess that's good too."

"Have you talked to Piggy?"

"No, he never picks up his phone."

"What if he doesn't agree with this and why does he have to specifically become Cerberus' legal guardian?"

Rose sighed.

"Azra told me he wants Piggy to become Cerberus' legal guardian no matter what."

"Do ya know why he wants those two to work together so badly?"

"Probably because they could work together so well and he doesn't want Cerberus to grow up without a mentor. I think it's something personal to him."

"Alright, I want Piggy to know before I do anythin'."

"That's only fair."

"I'll try to reach him, ye've done enough. How are ya, by the way?"

"I'm okay, thank you for asking."

-

He desperately tried to call back the number and gave up after trying twenty one times. Someone who knew his name could mean absolutely no good. The voice kept repeating in his mind while he tried to recognise it.

Be careful? Of what? Why should he be careful? Why did someone know his real name? Not even Cerberus knew his name.

He opened his phone again and his 'recents' appeared empty.

Nausea and the feeling of combustion shifted throughout his body and unsettling fog filled his mind. His hands trembled a bit as he tried to get a hold of himself.

Anxiety?

Many questions raged though his mind. Something seeming so insignificant had such an immense impact on him.

He jumped up when his phone rung. Hastily he picked it up only to be met with Jade's voice.

"Piggy, do ya have a moment?"

"I'm kind of busy right now."

"It's really quick."

He sighed and contemplated telling Jade what happened.

"Alright, what do you need?"

"I need yer permission for making ya Cerberus' legal guardian."

"Uh, excuse me?"

"Cerberus has no legal guardian and Azra wants ya to become his legal guardian."

"Cerberus has an uncle, right?"

"Not blood related."

"What would it mean for me to become his legal guardian?"

"As far as I know it's only a change of a legal document. I don't know what Azra whats ya to do."

"I'll be stuck with this kid if I become his legal guardian, huh?"

"Only for one more year."

"That's still pretty long."

"Please, Piggy."

"Alright, but I don't like how this is going."

"Me neither, but ya can talk about it to Azra."

"Okay, can I ask you something now?"

"Of course."

"Have you received any weird calls?"

"Uh, a little more specific please."

"Someone calling you and only saying your real name and then be careful."

"Sorry, yer signal is pretty weak. Could ya say that again?"

"I said- It cut off! Thunder cunt!"

He smashed his phone on the ground.

He now knew he was being watched. Consciously he closed all the curtains, grabbed everything he need, put his shoes on and rushed out the door. He got in his car and drove away.