Seven

Credit goes to allthingsT for the amazing idea for this chappie!! Thx bb

Delilah pouts as her eyes flutter open. She's much too tired to be awake yet, but unfortunately she can't manage to stay asleep with the sound of her grandparents screaming at each other throughout the house.

The small girl sits up, combing her fingers through the soft pink hair that falls down her shoulders. She stands from her bed, pulling a pair of baby blue and black and white and gray flannel pajama pants that are way too big for her on under her gray tank top- she can't be bothered with real clothes today. She ties the waistband straps lazily as she lays back on her bed, looking around the oddly decorated room, with deep gray walls and pastel decor. It makes her upset, and she wants to cry again.

Delilah gasps slightly as she hears horrible curses being thrown between the two adults, biting her lip to stop a shriek when she hears glass shattering, then silence.

Oh my goodness. Did one of them kill the other?

She lets out a few sobs of fear- what if they hurt her too- before she hears one of them speaking angrily.

"-call doctor Lacy for an emergency-" is all she can really make out. That sounds bad. She sobs harder, trying to quiet herself as she opens the door to her room and peaks out.

Both stand unharmed -Thank god- in the dining room, a large picture frame- that Delilah thinks she remembers held a photo of the two together when they were a bit younger- laying on the floor, glass shattered all about.

David notices her and his face contorts with anger.

"Mind your own damn buisness child! Get back in your room! Get! Don't be such a nosy little bitch!"

Delilah gasps and closes the door, breaking down into heart wrenching sobs. She thought she was used to the way they treated her by now, but that hurt her more than she should allow.

Once everything is quiet and she thinks they're gone, she makes her way into the kitchen, going around the broken glass, and grabs some breakfast, consisting of toaster waffles and peanut butter, she was craving the sweetness.

Once she's done with eating her meal in her room, she gets into the candy stash she has, desperately craving the Lollies.

"Delilah!" Marcy snaps as she enters the room without looking, causing Delilah to jump in fear and let out a bit of a squeak. She tries to inconspicuously hide the candy wrappers.

"Why didn't you knock?!"

"Don't speak to me like that! This is my house, I don't have to knock to enter a room! You will respect me!" She shoots sternly, and Delilah's eyes fill with tears again.

"I'm not even allowed upstairs and I live here, can't I at least have some privacy as well?" She grumbles,

"You're a child, you haven't earned that right! Now quit your backchatting or I sweat to god Delilah! Just because your mother never hit you doesn't mean you don't deserve a good whooping, and I'm not afraid to give it to you!"

Delilah gasps, her mother would never hit her and she can't believe this woman is threatening to. She breaks into sobs and Marcy sighs sharply.

"Quit your crocodile tears! I'm not falling for that and neither is anyone else! You're not a baby, it's not cute to act like one! Grow the fuck up!" The old grouchy woman scolds Delilah, who only continues to sob loudly.

"We're leaving. Get your work done, I mean it! And clean your room." Marcy orders, slamming the door and soon Delilah hears the front door slam as well.