Nineteen

The boys are beyond confused at the girls behavior. Why's she so shy with them? Despite the fact that she's stopped calling, they'd expected her to be at least a bit happy to see them, yet she's excruciatingly quiet, which isn't exactly how her mother described her over the phone.

"Babygirl, get up. Breakfasts ready." She wakes up due to Michael shaking her and is immediately grumpy, used to sleeping in later.

"Don't call me that." She grumbles as she sits up. He frowns, standing from having been squat next to her bed to wake her.

"Why not? You used to like it."

"Yeah, well that was before I realized how fucking weird it is." She says quietly as she stands and grabs clothes to change into out of her suitcase, not really wanting to be heard but still definitely loud enough to be.

"Hey, watch your mouth." Michael scolds, beyond irritated at her attitude but figuring it's not a great time to deal with her any harsher.
She rolls her eyes but he doesn't see it because she's faced away from him.

"Get changed and come eat." He orders irritably, closing her door on the way out.

She does as told- only because she's hungry- and does it slowly, brushing her teeth lazily and combing her hair, throwing it in a messy bun afterwards.

She makes her way down the steps feeling strange, suddenly this house that was her favorite place for a time is where she lives, these boys that were her only friends and favorite people that she grew to resent eventually are her... housemates? No, Guardians? Caregivers?

She sighs, rubbing her face and sitting stiffly at the table alongside the already eating men, and making herself a plate from the food placed in the middle.

It's silent until Luke speaks up. "Would you like us to help you get all your things settled in your room today?" He offers politely.

"No." She says bluntly and monotonously and rolls her eyes.

"Don't be rude, little girl, I was only trying to be nice." Luke admonishes and she scoffs.

"I don't need your kindness and don't call me that you creep! I'm nearly a legal adult!" Luke raises an eyebrow, surprised at the outburst along with the other three men.

"Delilah you can fix your attitude or you can go back to your room." Ashton warns.

"Well I'm sorry if I'm a bit snappy but I don't appreciate being talked to and treated like a fucking child." She spits.

"One." She laughs humorlessly but shuts up, only because she's hungry. She eats faster and then pushes away from the table, standing to flee back to the guest room.

"Hey, get back here. You weren't excused."

"Oh I'm terribly sorry, may I please return to my quarters, sir." She yells as she runs up the stairs, the sound of her door slamming coming seconds later.

"Brat." Calum grumbles, finishing up his food and clearing off his plate as well as the teenagers.

"Is this a teenager thing or is she seriously emotionally damaged somehow? I want it to stop." Ashton complains.

"I know, she was so sweet, what the hell happened?" Michael agrees, clearing his plate as well.

"It'll get better, we just have to be patient, but strict. But still nice." Luke sighs optimistically. "She's still the same person."

"Should we do what she wants? Quit treating her so childish?" Calum asks, not wanting to but also wanting to get their sweet girl back.

"Not if she's gonna throw strops like a toddler." Ashton remarks. "We should spank her ass like one like we would've before if she acted like that." He huffs with a frown.