Chapter 4: Finding Out

Melissa's POV

The second I get off Set I go back to the apartment and go right to sleep in my makeup and regular clothes.

I don't know how long I've been asleep when my phone starts ringing. Without looking at the number I pick it up.

"Hello?" I say rubbing my eyes and looking at the clock. 5:39pm.

"Hi, is this Melissa Benoist?" the voice in the other end says.
"Yes, this is her," I say.
"Christopher Wood was brought in to the New York City Hospital about 45 minutes ago," the voice tells me.
"For what? What happened?" I ask, waking up faster.

"He was in an incident with a biker," the voice which I now suppose is a doctor?
"Could I talk to him?" I ask frantically.
"The doctors estimate he'll be up in an hour or two. I'll make sure he calls you after," says the person.
"Okay, thank you," I whisper then hang up.

I set my phone down and put my hand on my stomach, "he'll be okay little one."

Chris's POV

"He should be up soon."
"What are the injuries?"
"Minor concussion to the left side of the head."

Who is talking? Where am I? Why does my head hurt? What's going on?

My eyes flutter open and I see I must be in a hospital. There's two doctors standing a couple metres away talking still. I make a coughing noise and their heads immediately turn towards me.

"He's awake!"

A few minutes later after everything's checked and they've told me what happened I am handed a phone.

I put it up to my ear, "hi?"

"Chris!" says a familiar voice.
"Mel?" I ask.
"Yes, it's me. How're you feeling?"
"Fine my head hurts a little but. How're you?"
"Just been waiting to talk to you," she says, but there's something else she wants to tell me.

"Mel? What is it?"
"What? Nothing. I just miss you a lot and I'm sorry I can't be there with you right now," her voice quivers slightly.
"I know, baby. I miss you too" I tell her, "don't you have a couple days off starting soon?"
"Yeah, but..." her voice trails off.
"Melissa, what's wrong?"
"I wanted to wait until I could tell you in person, but since you'll have to stay there longer I'll tell you now."

"What? What is it?"
"I'm pregnant," she whispers.

And suddenly I feel like I got hit by that bike again. A few seconds go by and I find my voice to say, "are you happy?"
"Yes. Yeah, I'm happy," she says.
"Then I'm happy," I say and a smile appears on my face.

"I need you back soon, though I can't handle this all by myself."
"As soon as they release me from the hospital, I will be on the airplane back to you," I tell her.
"Okay, I'll see you soon," she says.
"Bye, darling," I whisper then hang up the phone just as a doctor comes in.

"When will I be able to leave?" I ask eagerly.
"I'm four days maximum," the doctor says.

And now that seems like years and years away.

Sorry for updating slow, I actually have 6 more chapters written on paper but I don't like typing lol.

check out my instagram- @/melwoodmiracle
-E:)