Chapter 51: Back Home

Melissa's POV

A couple days later, Willow's lungs start working better. The doctors said we could leave, but now when Willow goes to bed we have to hook her up to the pump while she sleeps.

"You ready to go Willow?" Chris asks, taking her hand as we all head out of the hospital room.

When we get home around 7pm, Willow eats a piece of toast then asks to go to bed. Chris decides to take the responsibility and hook Willow up to the pump on the first night.

"It's honestly not as hard as it looks," Chris claims after he's done putting Willow to bed.
"Good to know," I say from the kitchen. "Would you like a sandwich?" I ask.

He sits down across from me at the island in the kitchen. "I would love one of your famous sandwiches."
I slide the sandwich over to him. "I have to leave in two hours for set."
"Okay. Sorry I can't drive you," he says.
"It's alright. I'll manage."

Chris's POV

After Melissa leaves for set at nine at night, I lie down on the couch and watch some stupid reality TV show. It was the only half-decent thing on this late at night.

I end up falling asleep and the next thing I know, Melissa is shaking me.
"Chris. Wake up."
"Huh? What time is it?"
"It's two in the morning."
"Oh. What's wrong then?"

"Well," she says. "For starters you were about to fall of the couch and you're sleeping on. The. Couch."
"I was just watching some TV," I tell her.
"I know. I turned it off," she says as she pulls me onto my feet. "Time for bed sleepyhead."

I follow her in the dark until she sits me lightly on the bed.
"I know you're half asleep, but get under the covers or you'll be cold," she instructs.
I try to listen although, she's right. I am half asleep.

Melissa's POV

I end up staying awake for the whole night. I had to do a couple fight scenes on set and my adrenaline was still pumping throughout the night. And on top of that, Chris was snoring and the sound of Willow's pump was filling my thoughts.

"Pancakes or waffles?" Chris asks.
"Wa-ffles!" replies Willow.
"Okay. Anything for you Lo," he says, tapping her nose with his index finger.

Chris makes waffles for Willow and then sneaks one to me while she's not looking. Willow is very protective of her pancakes and waffles.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask Willow.
"Park," she says with a smile.
"Park then it is," Chris says, looking from Willow to me.

Sorry I haven't uploaded in awhile, I was really busy.
-E