Chapter III: Dance, Dance, Santa Attack

The Halloween ball at Hogwarts was here, everyone so festive, like all was right in the world... WRONG!

     Yellow light streamed through the screen door at Katlyn's house. We were at the back of the house, ready to pick up Katlyn for the ball. It was a star-filled night where anything could happen, trust me, ANYTHING!

     At this time, I was angry for no reason and I was taking it out on my boyfriend, Percy. He was there to take us to the ball.

     I looked through the bathroom window. Katlyn was finishing putting on her makeup, but her sisters were also using the same mirror.

     "Hurry up, we need to go!" I said, turning to Percy.

     Katlyn ran out the door and Percy stopped fiddling with a potted plant.

     Katlyn and I hopped into the bed of Percy's black truck, as the sound of heavy metal filled the air.

     As we drove down the dark, snowy street, a figure stepped into the light of a street light...

     It was one of my old teachers! She waved at me, but then her smile faded. She started making wild gestures and tried to yell at me, like she had to warn me about something important... but she was too far away for me to hear her.

     I looked at Katlyn, wondering if she was concerned about the woman running after us. But she didn't seem to be; I don't think she even noticed my teacher.

     When we finally got to Hogwarts, I smoothed out my miniskirt and jumped out of the truck bed.

     "Well... This is nice," I said, as I walked down the stairs.

     "Yeah, I guess..." said Percy.

     I saw, much to my surprise, graffiti on the wall. It was green and done with poor handwriting. It read MAR...

     I was only able to dance a little before Snape ran up to me.

     "Ms. Myers, there is a strange looking... Santa Claus outside
in a muggle transport asking for you."

     I ran outside, not bothering to tell Percy or Katlyn where I was going.

     When I got outside, I saw something very unexpected... A large, old fashioned hearse was parked on the grass. It was decorated like Santa's sleigh, made of gingerbread and covered in colorful lights, -everything.

     I was admiring the hearse when Santa stepped out from behind it. But his face looked stranger... almost alien.

     "Young one, you must go home now!" he said. "Take this and show it to your mother. She will get the warning."

     He handed me a large, glowing, snowflake-like orb.

     I took the orb and ran. I didn't stop running, though I was very tired.

     When I finally got home, Santa was already parked in the driveway.

     My mom was stepping out of the bathroom. I ran up to her and showed her the orb, but she didn't get the warning like Santa had promised.

     I was cold from running in the snow, so I ran across the back porch and into the kitchen.

     I grabbed a pair of gloves and ran back out the door, still putting them on. But I couldn't get the zippers to work.

     When I got back outside, Santa and his sleigh were gone. Where the sleigh used to be, I found a small crystal. It was shaped like a feather and was covered in ice.

     As I looked up... I saw Santa, riding his sleigh. He held up a small, green orb. And at that moment I knew what he meant.

     I picked up the crystal and walked back inside. When I got into the kitchen I put the crystal into the freezer and picked up my phone and started dialing.

     "Hello, Harry..."

                🎆THE END🎆