Chapter XIII: the Epic Beginning

{A/N} This is a production of "My Pokemon Romance".

     All I could hear was the sound of my heartbeat. Of all days to be late, why this one?

     The wind rustled through the trees. Wild Pokemon watched me as I ran. I hoped Jake wasn't having this much trouble.

     I wondered what Pokemon I'd pick. I couldn't remember all of the options, but I knew there was a lot.

     Finally, I reached Professor Oak's lab. I ran through the door.

     "Oh, Kitty, your here," said the professor. "Are you ready to pick your Pokemon?"

     "Oh, yes, sir," I said.

     Jake was at the other end of the room, petting an Eevee. He got an Eevee!? That's not one of the options.

     Professor Oak directed me to a group of Pokemon, all lined up, waiting for me.

     "Well, Kitty, which one do you want?"

     I scanned the crowd of Pokemon. "Ummmmm, that one," I pointed to a little Fennekin.

     He looked like he didn't want to be there. I thought he was probably annoyed at Professor Oak for waking him up, or something like that.

     I picked him up. He squirmed a lot. But he was just so cute! I rubbed my nose up against his, which I think freaked him out. I say this because he almost fell backwards in shock. 

     "I knew you would pick Fennekin," said Jake. "You like 'em cute. That's why you like me."

     "Right..." I said.

     "You two be careful out there," said Professor Oak. "It's a dangerous world out there..."

     "Yeah, okey, bye!"

     "I gotta go," I said, walking through the tall grass with Jake.

     I had to say goodbye to my parents, before I left for my Pokemon journey.

     They were at the digging site. I can't remember what they were digging, it's been too long. That sounds pretty bad.

     "Hello, Kitty," said my mom. "I guess yur leaving now..."

     "Yeah, but I'll be back soon," I said.

     "So which Pokemon did you pick?" asked my dad.

     "Um..." I released Fennekin.

     My dad picked him up. "You protect her..."

     Fennekin just stared at him.

     "Well... Goodbye," said my mom.

     "Yeah, goodbye," said my dad.

     "Bye," I said, running away from the dig site, Fennekin in my arms.

     I spent days collecting a team of Pokemon and training them.

     I finally found myself outside the electric gym. "We're finally here, Fennekin. It's time to prove to the world that your powerful."

     I battled the gym leader. It was close, but I won.

     "Yay, you did it, Fennekin!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands.

     Fennekin started to glow blue. Fennekin's fur started to crackle. Sparks flew around him.

     I stared at my glowing Pokemon, then I realized he was evolving.

     When the sparks faded, Fennekin had evolved. He was a Braixen...

                     🔥THE END🔥