four

Kim hummed as she walked to her car

Kim hummed as she walked to her car. She had just gotten her permit weeks before her sixteenth birthday. She knew her parents were going to get her a car, but she wasn't allowed to pick it. Her parents knew she would either pick a motorcycle or a dangerous Range Rover that could easily crush a child. Her father gave her his old Roth SL Coupe, which she called Sloth. At first, it was a broken-down car that could barely stay together in one piece, but then her brothers, Jim and Timothy "Tim," fixed the car for her.

Jim and Tim were mechanical and scientific prodigies. They spent most of their time inventing. Usually, their inventions exploded or something would go wrong, but most of them were useful and more effective than inventions designed by older, more experienced scientists. Her car was high-up on technology and could go up to 80 miles per hour. It proved useful for when she was chasing villains or driving away from them. Sloth was capable of crashing through walls without holding any visible damage.

"Hey!"

Kim turned around just as she pressed the unlock button on her keys. She saw one of the boys from the lacrosse team - at least, that's what she thought. She couldn't see that clearly through his helmet, but he was holding a duffel bag and a jersey in his hand, so she assumed.

"Yeah?" Kim questioned.

"You were really good out there today. You know - with the flips and stuff..." Liam trailed off, unsure of what to say.

Kim chuckled. "Thanks. You weren't so bad. Although, I mostly saw your friend getting hit on the back of the head."

Stiles and Scott were hiding behind a tree, listening in. Stiles was bothering Scott about what Liam and Kim were saying, but Scott was shooing him away, trying to focus on what the two were saying.

"I've never seen you around before. Are you new?" Liam asked.

Kim nodded. "Very new."

"And yet, you're the new captain on the cheer team," he said. "That's very impressive. I'm glad you're the new captain. The old one was just pure evil."

Kim chuckled. "Thanks. That's nice of you. What's your name?"

"Liam. You?"

"Kim. Are you a sophomore?"

"Freshman. Are you a sophomore?" Liam asked curiously, slightly leaning in.

Kim noticed that. She wasn't born into a family of hunters for nothing. She looked around discreetly, trying to see if there was anyone around.

"Yeah, I'm a sophomore." Then, Kim looked Liam up and down. She nodded in satisfaction.

Liam could smell her chemosignals. She was clearly happy with his body. Liam smirked lightly.

"See something you like?" Liam asked.

Kim shrugged slightly. "I've never had someone younger than me. Must be fun," she said, flashing him a smile.

"Oh, God," Liam whispered.

"Oh, God," Scott whispered.

"What?" Stiles asked.

"I think the new girl just made a move on Liam."