twenty-nine

Scott and Douglas were talking in the darkness of the forest

Scott and Douglas were talking in the darkness of the forest. The Ghost Riders were surrounding Douglas like he was their king, but everyone knew that Ghost Riders never followed anyone.

"Unbelievable," Douglas said, shaking his head in disappointment. "Even in the face of insurmountable odds. I don't know if it's suicide or stupidity." Douglas was almost amused. He knew he would win.

"Maybe both," Scott declared. "Either way, I'm getting to that diverter."

"You of all people, Scott, should know what happens to a lone wolf," Douglas said with a sigh. He was tired of talking to Scott.

"He's not alone," Theo calmly said. "He's got a pack."

"And, Theo's not in it," Malia said as she appeared next to him and glared at him, before focusing on Douglas. "But, I am."

"I'm not in the pack. But, no one likes a Nazi," Peter said in disappointment as if he was Douglas's father.

"Didn't you get the memo, Douglas? Hitler's reign is very over," Kim said.

A fight broke out. The Ghost Riders went down with a strike to the brain, but more would keep coming. There was no end to them. There was a black hole of endless Ghost Riders.

Behind you.

A Ghost Rider grabbed Kim by the back of the shirt and lifted her up off the ground. Kim's face was that of panic as her feet kicked around.

Flip.

She lurched her body forward and did a flip over the Ghost Rider, its grip escaping her shirt. Kim grabbed it by the chin and pulled it up with all of her strength. The Ghost Rider flew over her head as she landed on her feet. It flew right into a group of Ghost Riders like a bowling ball hitting the pins. She huffed tiredly. She wasn't used to fighting that much. She wasn't a supernatural creature who had super strength. She had voices that advised on things, but they never did anything other than that.

No time to rest. Keep fighting.

"You know, you're not being that helpful!" Kim exclaimed to herself.

She continued to fight, even if her knuckles were bloody and bruised. She hoped Liam was having a better time than her. Even if no one else was transported into the other realm, they were hurt. Small scratches and bruises skittered their bodies.

"Your little friends are no match for the Wild Hunt," Douglas said, pride and joy radiating off from him. "There too many of us, and too few of you." 

The train was coming. The deadline was nearing.  Malia took a whip from ghost Rider and quickly tossed it to Scott. Scott was nervous. He had to catch it, or Beacon Hills would be doomed. Time seemed to move slowly - something they didn't have much of. He caught it - and extended the whip, it wrapping around the lever tightly. Scott pulled down on the lever. The tracks screeched as it changed courses. Its horn blared as it head out of sight. Scott let out a loud and prolonged growl that told Liam to disconnect Corey. Kim's shoulders slumped in victory and exhaustion.

"You missed your train," Malia taunted with a deadly look on her face.

The Ghost Riders took slow and uneasy steps towards the group. Suddenly, thunder flashed throughout the night sky. The Ghost Riders lowered their guns and turned around, walking slowly away, feet crunching against the gravel.

"Where are you going?" Douglas asked. "Stop," he ordered. "Zuruckkommen. Come back and kill them. Tote sie."

Theo scoffed. "Yeah, call your army back, or don't they listen to you?"

"I am your leader," Douglas growled towards them. "Ich bin dein, Anfuhrer! Obey me!" he demanded. The Ghost Riders turned toward him, walking back. Douglas smirked in satisfaction. "Gehorcht mir. Kill them - all of them. Tote sie. Tote sie."

The Ghost Riders surrounded Douglas menacingly. He looked around as they crowded around him, leaving no room or chance of escape.

"Riders don't bow. They have no leader," Peter said.

Thunder stroke as Douglas slowly transformed into a Ghost Rider. He screamed in reluctance and disbelief. It wasn't supposed to turn out that way. He thought he would get to rule the world.