seven

Scott, Stiles, and Liam were talking about Kim with the rest of the pack at lunch

"Weapons?" Stiles repeated. "She has weapons? What is she, another Argent?" Stiles sarcastically asked with a shake of his head.

Scott looked at Stiles with a knowing expression.

"Oh - crap. I may be right, right?"

Scott nodded. "We won't know unless we find a supply of weapons in her house or we catch her in the act."

Lydia snapped her head to Liam. "Liam can find out."

"I can what?"

"You like Kim, right? And I heard Kim likes you too, so why not ask her to study with you at her house?"

"She's a sophomore and I'm a freshman. I don't think we have the same classes," Liam retorted.

"Use the excuse that she's already finished those classes and that you've been meaning to get closer to her," Lydia explained, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "It's not that hard."

"You sound like you've done this a million times," Stiles exasperated.

"No, it's because I can walk up to anyone and schedule a date with them," she said.

"Look - there she is!" Kira exclaimed excitedly, waving her hands slightly.

Kim walked into the lunchroom with her books held to her chest. She looked around with her head held up high. She found a table in the corner and was content with where it was. She started walking to the table that was unoccupied. From afar, Liam was being pushed and yelled at to ask her out.

"This is for your own good!" Stiles shouted.

Liam grumbled incoherence curse words as he walked over to her. Kim noticed him out of the corner of her eyes.

"Hey, Liam," Kim greeted with a smile on her face.

"H-Hey, Kim. Um - I was wondering if you could help me study for biology? I know you're a sophomore already, but I'd like to get help from someone who preferably passed biology."

"What about your junior friends?" Kim asked, raising an eyebrow.

"They failed biology," he blurted out. "Had to do summer school."

"Um - sure, okay," Kim said. "We can go to the library after school or my house? I can drive us."

"Yes!" Liam exclaimed. "Y-Your house sounds great."

Kim laughed, tilting her head back. "If you wanted to spend alone time with me, you could have just said so." She leaned in, her lips brushing against his earlobe. "My parents won't be home tonight and my brothers have soccer practice. We'll have the whole house to ourselves."

Liam gulped. "Sounds great."