twenty-one

Malia was growling as she punched Theo over and over again

Malia was growling as she punched Theo over and over again. He was dreaming that it was his sister ripping his heart out of his chest.

"It's okay. You don't have to stop," Theo whispered feverishly.

Malia growled. "Trust me - I won't."

Kim was watching from the corner, a small smile on her face. She was enjoying Theo getting pummeled to death.

"Malia, enough!" Scott shouted. "Slow down, okay? He's going back into the ground."

"You can't," Liam objected. "He remembers Stiles."

"Scott remembers Stiles. Lydia and I remember Stiles," Malia retorted.

"Okay, guys, who is Stiles?" Kim asked.

Scott looked her. "Kim, when did you get here?"

"This morning. Now, who is Stiles and why is he important?"

"I think that's the first time someone has asked who is Stiles and not what is a Stiles?" Lydia stated.

"I'll fill you up on it later, Kim. I promise," Liam said.

Kim pursed her lips. "Lydia can fill me up."

"Uh... No, no, I think Liam is better suited for it," Lydia replied.

Kim huffed. They all obviously knew that she didn't want to be alone with Liam.

"The Dread Doctors knew all about the Wild Hunt. He can help us," Liam pleaded.

"Or, he could kill us," Scott said exasperatedly.

"He's my responsibility. Noshiko gave me the sword," Liam said.

Theo sighed. "It's so awkward when Mom and Dad fight."

"Shut up!" Liam, Malia, Scott, and Kim shouted simultaneously.

Hayden spoke up. "You both are right. If Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the Skinwalkers. But, for right now - "

"He goes back now," Scott ordered.

Theo shrugged. "Except Liam's the one with the sword..."

"Shut up!" everyone shouted.

Scott grabbed Liam by the wrist and led him into the living room to talk, leaving Malia, Hayden, Kim, and Theo in the back room. Malia walked toward Theo, forcing Hayden to step between them.

"Malia..."

"Can you give me a second alone with Theo?" she asked.

"Why?" Hayden asked.

"So I can kill him."

Theo raised his hands. "Okay, look - I know that there are mixed feelings all around, but I might be your only option to stop the Wild Hunt."

"Let's kill him," Malia suggested.

"I agree," Kim said.

Back in the living room, Liam and Scott were quietly arguing with each other.

"What, you don't trust me?" Liam asked, offended.

"I don't trust him. Do you?" Scott asked.

"No... But I think we can use him."

"Remember who he is. He got into your head and you tried to kill me. And when that didn't work, he did kill me. And Tracy...and Josh...and his sister," Scott trailed off, hoping Liam would get the idea.

"But this might be our only chance to get Stiles back," Liam offered.

"Can't we just try to find somebody that we at least trust?"

"This might be a mistake, but you don't know that yet. And you made mistakes when you were learning to be an Alpha."

"Yeah, I made a lot. But we don't have time for mistakes. I can't lose Stiles."

"So, we should try anything we can to save him... Right? Even Theo."

Scott sighed. "Convince me."

The two walked back to where Theo was.

"I can put you back in the ground any time," Liam stated.

Theo rolled his eyes. "You also need a transformer that can handle five billion joules of electricity. I know where to find one, and I can show you how it works. I'll tell you if Malia promises not to kill me."

Malia growled.

"She promises," Lydia reassured.

Malia looked offended. "No, I don't! We're really gonna do this? Trust him?"

"You got a better idea?" Hayden asked.

"I've got an idea. It may not be better... But at least it's not him."